Mental and Elemental

Do you ever feel like you could touch the sky? Like the blue could actually sift through your fingers? Or like if your toes could lift you a centimeter higher you could hold the entire world, in just your hands?

Do ever feel like the ground is too close? Like the dust is constantly lifting off the ground, just to burry itself into different nooks and crannies? Or like the dirt is only there to get you dirty?

Do you ever feel like the fire is too far away? Like the warmth is the one thing you need, but the last thing you'll get? Or like the lights keep on slowly creeping away from you until one day its gone, and you don't even realize until its too late?

Do you ever feel like the water is too close? Like if you just let it, you would drown? Like you would just keep floating down the river until you hit a rock? Or like the wetness that is consuming your body and soiling your clothes, would tilt the scales and pull you under?

Or do you ever feel like life is too present? Like its all turning to chaos and the only thing you can do is stand still like an old tree in an even older forest? Or like the more you age, the hotter the days get, until eventually all your time has evaporated away?