[ 33 ] Choi Y/N's Health

I've recently came up with a plot twist for this story... you'll see what it is when the time comes (:

Anyways, enjoy the fast update~

• • •

"Why?" asked a distressed JYP. "Why would you hide this from us?!"

Y/N flinched at the sudden shout. It's been a week since the check-up, and JYP was given a copy of her and the rest of the members of N/A's papers. The moment he read Y/N's folder, he couldn't believe his eyes on what he was reading. Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy stood by the door, looking down in shame for not knowing about Y/N's condition.

"Miss Choi Y/N, your health condition should always come first to not only you, but to the company. Why would you hide such a thing as important as this?" JYP asked as he plopped Y/N's folder onto his desk. "Coronary artery disease? Do you know how serious that is?!"

"I-I'm sorry..." Y/N stuttered out in fear of the man's shouting. She bowed in her seat, her hands clasped together.

"PD-nim, please don't shout at her." said an overly protected Rosé. "Look I know that not only she hid this from you, but so did we. We hid this from you all as a group. The managers were also not aware of Y/N's illness because she only told us. Please don't be mad at her. If you're going to get angry, then get angry at all of us."

Park Jinyoung lays back into his chair in frustration. He says as he rubs her fingers at his forehead. "I am sorry for raising my voice." He apologized. "I-I just... why would you hide this?" He asked Y/N.

The girl sighed. "It's not that I was trying to hide it, but it was just something I wasn't ready with telling you, the company, and the world." Y/N replied. "My health is a touchy subject to me and I wanted to keep it from you all because my past isn't the happiest PD-nim. My past is just another story I'm not ready to talk about either. Please, understand this."

JYP looked at his idol in sadness. When he first heard of Choi Y/N, he knew how mysterious this girl was. There was nothing known about this girl but the fact that she was born in 2000. Her whole background was kept away from the internet. She was a whole puzzle people never knew how to solve.

"Is it a sensitive question to ask if I ask you how you were diagnosed with CAD?" The man asked as she tried to gather his composure.

Y/N bit her lip. By now, Yeji, who sat besides her, was holding her hand in warmth and comfort. On her other side was Rosé with Yeri and Soyeon surrounding the three. "Four years ago, I was battling through depression." Y/N says. "I... I was in a relationship and it never ended well. Not even a day later, my little sister, Yeojin, answered our house phone. PD-nim, my parents were involved in a car accident and died before we arrived at the hospital."

The man's mouth hung open in shock. Hearing about Y/N's past for the first time worried him. "Choi isn't my real last name, it's Y/LN. One of my best friends, Julia, her and her parents adopted me and Yeojin because I was a newly freshmen in high school. I wasn't old enough to tend to Yeojin and I by myself and didn't have a job. I-it was hard... I couldn't cope with my thoughts, my feelings–I was heartbroken." Y/N sighed before taking another deep breath to continue.

"I grew sick and had a heart attack one day... I woke up three days later from a coma, and I was then diagnosed with coronary artery disease. I've had it since 2016."

"Y/N, I-I'm sorry about your loss. I never knew you had lost your real parents. Who you are was never revealed to the world. And you do know that CAD isn't curable, right?" Jinyoung asked his idol. Y/N nodded her head.