16

CAMILA

"Here, babe. Come on we're so close!"

"You know how much I hate trekking, you fucker!"

"I know, I'm sorry. But the view will be so worth it!"

"Oh my god. Wow, this is amazing babe. You're right it is so worth it!"

"I know, that's why I brought you here. I love you."

"I love you, too. And happy anniversary to us!"

I groaned in pain and clutched my head trying to soothe it off but it didn't.

"Lo..." I tried to speak but I couldn't, my throat hurts and feels dry, drier than the Sahara desert. I opened my eyes trying to separate my thoughts on where the real world is.

"SHE'S AWAKE!" I heard someone say, recognizing the voice from Ally.

"No, she's awake. You don't need to come here. Sorry. Yeah. Thank you..."

Stinging white light blinded me as I opened my eyes. My heart beat started to race as I thought of the voices I heard recently. Well, shit. I can't remember them. It was just voices and total darkness. What a weird dream.

"Off... light... hurts." I managed to say and moments later I felt the lights dim lower behind my eyelids.

"Here, have some water, Mila." I felt Normani say, poking my lips with what I assume is a straw, I took a big gulp and emptied the glass within seconds. "More?" She asked. I nodded and chugged the water down as if my life depended on it.

When my vision returned to its normal state. I recognized that I was in Lauren and I's room.

"You okay, baby?" Lauren asked gently. I hummed in response.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Probably an hour, which was good I guess since it wasn't that long. What happened by the way?" She asked. The other three girls looked at me waiting for my response.

"I don't know. Migraines... then I felt like I was carrying the weight of the world and when I was unconscious, well I'm not really... I, uh, heard voices, again. But then when I woke up I couldn't remember everything. There were no faces, just voices that were so familiar. Speaking about something like trekking? and a good view? That's all I remember." I explained in the most comprehensive way I could. I felt Ally squeezed my arms, her mouth agape.

"Chancho, when did these headaches and dreamy patooties start?" Dinah asked, however her eyes were focused on Lauren who seemed to space out.

"Uh, like a week or two after I accidentally boarded the wrong plane..." I answered honestly.

"What! And you didn't tell me! Something worse could have happened!" Oh no, I've never seen Dinah this furious before.

I ducked my head for the guilt I felt. "Sorry, I didn't know it would come to this. I thought they were just normal migraines like what I am getting after my shows."

Dinah sighed. "I'll let this pass once, Mila. Tell us if it happens again." I was getting irritated by Dinah's over reaction and persistence. Hell! I can take care of myself.

"Whatever, Dinah. I can take care of myself!"

"Well, you just couldn't when you fainted." She snickered back.

"Why do you overreact... like so much! I'm not dying. Look at the three of them, they're not even thrilled. This is nothing Dinah." When I said those words I instantly regretted it, tears started to form on Dinah's eyes. People, she never cries.