24

AN: What's one thing that you regret?

This chapter is focused from the day Camila disappeared.

CAMILA

As I arrived at my apartment, I quickly pulled my luggage and started to pack. I did not have anything invested in here, just my clothes and myself. I rang the landlady telling her that I will be out and to just give my remaining days to someone who needs it.

The kiss I shared with Shawn made me feel so sick. I am not with Lauren nor am I in total good terms with her but why do I feel so cheated? I feel like my lips should not touch anyone else's but hers, I didn't even kiss back but the guilt I feel is incomparable, it made me feel that I should have never left Lo in the first place and listened to her instead. It also made me realize that no matter how the universe pulls us apart, I will always love Lauren, I will always gravitate back to her, we're like a rubber when stretched away from each other, will just come back stronger.

I double checked everything before turning back and locking the door. I went to my car and settled my things.

Unknown number calling...

I rolled my eyes and ignored the call, even though it's a different number from my previous stalker. One of the biggest mistakes I made when I was here is not telling the girls about this stalking issue, if I could have been honest about this the whole time, I'd be safer. No leaked photos, no Mendes knowing I'm here. The number called a few seconds later and I ignored it again.

//

Unknown: Milz pls

Unknown: It's Shawn

Unknown: Look, I'm sorry. You don't how sorry I am

Unknown: Just... hear me out pls

Unknown: You know me, I would never do such thing to you

Unknown: I'm doing this for you Mila, please. I can't lose my best friend.

Unknown: They blackmailed me for fucks sake! They caught me dealing with drugs before, I have no problem with the world knowing about it, Mila but they went too far with involving my family. Please, just hear me out.

//

My eyes widened at his sudden revelation and can't help but to hit the call button.

"What did you just say, Mendes? Don't fuck with me right now."

"Thank God, I thought you aren't going to answer."

"..." Silence.

"Look, the kiss, it was staged."

"I know. I'm not dumb. How can you do that to me?" I let out a breath, trying to talk to him calmly.

"The management. Sorry, I messed this up for you, but believe me when I say I'm doing you a huge favor right now."

I scoffed. "Well, enlighten me, please. I'm pretty sure my family would like it, hell, my child must be scared for life!" I said sarcastically.

"I wasn't on a break, Milz, they trashed my contract when they knew I was dealing downhill. I'm out of the spotlight. Now, they offered me to come here, to you, and shoot those PR photos. Maybe they can renew me, but I'm not after the contract, not anymore, after I heard you talk about your family - how you loved them. I'm fine out of the spotlight. You are like a sister to me Mils, I don't like you like that, trust me when I say we have more things in common than we actually know."

"What things?" I heard him sigh.

"The truth is I am also doing this for my family - especially to my son. He is the only good that has ever happened to me."