6. You've Got Mail!

Happy birthday, Fuyuhiko!

Thank you, everyone, for every hit, kudos, and comment! They never fail to make my day, so I hope you enjoy this chapter even a fraction of as much!

A couple of announcements:

(1) I recently figured out how to use my now 7-year old tumblr, so I will now be crossposting this fic there (links at the end of this chapter)! You can also ask me anything—anonymous, etc.—there, too!

(2) I also realized that the first chapter of this fic is out of place with the others, so I will be replacing it with a more appropriate first chapter once I have posted the final chapter of this fic.

Now, without further ado, let's go!

⁎ ⁎ ⁎

• e_c = your eye color

1,899 words

Posted: 2020-08-16

Updated: 2020-08-16

⁎ ⁎ ⁎

You return to your cottage from breakfast to find a mysterious, white envelope sticking out of your mailbox.

⁎ ⁎ ⁎

On that fourth day, Monokuma had informed you that an organization by the name of World Ender is responsible for bringing you to the islands as well as bringing about the end of the world. He also claimed that the alleged traitor is working for the said organization, to which Monomi had no comment.

On the fifth day, Nekomaru and Kazuichi confessed to having tied up Nagito and leaving him in the dining hall of the old hotel building.

And on the fifth night, Monokuma unveiled the next "motive" for the killing school trip: Twilight Syndrome Murder Case .

⁎ ⁎ ⁎

On the sixth day since arriving on the Dangan Islands, you return to your cottage from breakfast to find a small, white envelope sticking out of your mailbox. You pull it out to discover that it's blank and stick your head inside to check for anything else that you may have missed, finding a decent-sized box stuffed all the way in the back. You reach your arm in to pull it out and learn that it is unaddressed, too. You bring the batch of mail to your room and set the items at your desk. The box was unexpectedly heavy.

You open the white envelope to uncover a letter handwritten in bold, black print as if etched by a heavy hand. It's marked with today's date on top:

~ ⁎ ~

I might have found a clue that pertains to you. If you wish to discuss it, meet me at the diner on the second island at 8 pm tonight. I advise you not to discuss this with anyone else, and come alone. If you're worried about this being a setup, I'm leaving my gun and knife with you. Don't shoot yourself. Don't cut yourself either.

- Kuzuryu

~ ⁎ ~

You nearly drop the letter and swivel over to the cardboard box.

TH-THERE'S A GUN IN THERE!?!?!?

Suddenly you notice your heartbeat pounding in your ears like iron against an anvil.

You have to see it for yourself.

Box cutter in hand, you cautiously inch your way over to the box, pick it up, and carry it to your bed.