1. Enter! Hope's Peak Academy!

Your first day of school at Hope's Peak Academy, where you meet Fuyuhiko, the Ultimate Yakuza.

1,587 words

Published 2020-01-16

Updated 2020-05-17

### = scene change

y_n = your name

s_n = surname

Italicized text indicates either a character's thoughts or emphasis in dialogue

Bold, italicized text indicated sound effects

Consider this chapter a pilot or prologue. The events of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair begin in the next chapter :)

###

It's your first day of school at Hope's Peak Academy. Early, you open the door to homeroom, classroom 1-A to reveal only one other student there: a boy with short, blond hair and matching eyes. He's sitting back in the second to last chair from the front, nearest the door, arms crossed, staring at nothing in particular.

"Good morning," you greet the boy with a smile and take a seat a couple of rows in front of him. After getting settled, you go to turn to him to introduce yourself, and just as you're about to open your mouth to speak-

"Don't talk all friendly and shit to me, dumbass."

Gasp. Your mouth halts midway, instinctively uttering an apology before you promptly turn back around in your chair. The boy resumes staring at nothing, except now the back of your head is in his view. Not wanting to irk your new classmate further, you sit quietly and wait for the rest of your class to arrive. One by one, they do at which point, a woman walks up to the front of the classroom, writes something on the board, and turns to address the room of 14 other people, including you.

"Good morning, class. I am your teacher, Miss Usami. It is a pleasure to be teaching you this semester. Let us begin with attendance, shall we? As I call your name, please come up to the front and introduce yourself."

You mentally take notes as your classmates make their introductions. Sonia. Akane. Hiyoko. Gundham. Kazuichi. Mahiru. "y_n s_n." Nagito. Teruteru. Ibuki. Peko. Mikan.

"Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu."

You hear movement from the seat two rows behind you, and the boy from earlier walks past you to the front of the classroom.

Despite his small stature and babyface, you can see he has presence. His hair is clean cut. His eyes are pure gold. His tie is put together in a full Windsor. His uniform jacket is open. His white shirt is tucked in. His hands are in his pockets, and his shoes don't have a single speck of dust on them.

"I'm Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, the Ultimate Yakuza."

###

You stand in the entrance of the dining hall, hearing the clinking of glass and silverware against porcelain as roaring cheers fill the high ceilings of the dining hall. There were so many ultimates from all the classes at Hope's Peak Academy, you didn't know where to sit until you hear a crash and a squeal.

"Ew!" Hiyoko shrieks. "We're trying to eat here, pig barf!"

You rush over to the commotion and encounter a fallen Mikan.

"M-Mikan! A-Are you okay?!"

Feeling humiliated for her, you waste no time in getting her up and take the only two remaining seats at the large, rectangular table in the center of the hall, where Ibuki, Hiyoko, Mahiru, and a dark-haired girl are chatting.