4| C h a p t e r F o u r

the door opened, and in front was an older woman; the moment she saw my brother and me, her face changed, and the look replaced the warm smile that was there a moment ago. "How did you get here? It would be best if you weren't here. You are monsters!" The woman yelled, all the color gone from her face. It was almost amusing how ridiculous she was acting, "ma'am, my brother and I require your assistance with the entrance portal," I tell her, ignoring her earlier statement. She pushed the door to close it on us. Finally, I understand why the witches had so much hate and fear towards us.

"Help you? Why on earth would I help you?" Shocked, she stepped back from the door again "why would you come here? Do you have a death wish, boy?" The way she was speaking to me was new to me; all my life, I've been treated like the king I was going to be, but I needed her help to get back home before my father found out that I left our world and dragged my little brother with me on the day I am to be the crowned King, he will kill me. "Ma'am, we require your assistance. We are not here to cause any harm to you or your people," no matter how much I want to. These people have all but wiped out all of my Lycan brethren. These people came into our world and wreaked havoc on everyone they deemed an 'abomination.' They feared us because we were different from the rest of the wolves. We were bigger, stronger, and scared them enough to massacre nearly an entire race, leaving only two. My father and I were the only ones alive. Once he made sure I was safe, father took charge of Eliminating all the witches responsible for the deaths of the Lycans and the other werewolves just because they could. They were the monsters, not us. "I am not the guardian of the portal; that would be the Anderson sisters," she said, stepping back and closing the door on us. Sammy started walking away from the house, looking defeated; now we had to find some sisters to get back home? This world amazed me; their inventions to make their lives easier are utter chaos. For example, they have these small things that they used to "communicate" with each other from all over the world, yet they seem utterly alone; they spend so much time on them yet...

"I think I hear something in the buildings over them" he pointed to many buildings inside a large fence surrounding them, almost like a cage. The sound was coming from the back area; it sounded like a wolf...no a rogue, but out here in this world? We were a few blocks from where the sound was coming from. "it's coming from the building. what the hell is a rogue doing here?" Sammy said, his eyes giving off a young pup's all too familiar blue glow. He started looking around, trying to catch a scent.

"anything?" he turned to the north and pointed up ahead; I was proud of him; he was getting the hang of his senses quicker than the other pups. He turned back to me and pointed up north towards the other buildings in the distance. We ran towards the howling, and then we heard screams coming from the same area, making us run faster. 

Two girls were being pushed back at the gate with the rogue in front of them. they looked scared, so small compared to the rogue. "Lo! Don't! We don't know where it will send it," the girl with fiery red hair said, holding back the other girl. Sammy climbed up the fence and jumped in front of the girls, standing between them. The and the rogue. "um, dude? Thanks for the superman act, but this thing will rip you in half," the other girl with short strawberry blonde hair said. Sammy turned to the two, "trust me; he will not cause me any harm." the rogue started its transformation back to human, and it didn't take long for him to be standing in front of us naked as the day he was born. 

"This is a forbidden realm; what right have you to be here?" he turned to me, and I saw the recognition in his eyes as he dropped to the ground, head down. "Your highness, please have mercy," he cried; he was scared? 

"I'm sorry, your highness? Really? are you royalty?" the blonde asked. They both turned to me with confused looks. Sammy broke the lock on the gate and let the girls walk in front of him and away from the rogue.