Chapter 3: A Ruse to Amuse

Alastor shifted, obviously annoyed at whoever was knocking. Trying to calm him as best you could before he turned the intruder into shreds without even knowing who it was, he settled down. Pulling you tight against him as his eyes remained closed. A wave of a dangerous aura coming from him as he teetered on the edge of holding you or destroying the second circle altogether. If only that demon were to go away, you could help him through his first wave without any casualties. The door handle turned, you wanted to say something, warn them of the danger. Glaring at the shadow tangled around your own, keeping you still and quiet. One person, you were surprised and relieved to see. Marianne. Surely he wouldn't attack his own mother.

"I knew something was off, you two are going home." Alastor's shadow moving swiftly to the door, shutting it harshly once she was inside.

"No," huffing as you were able to speak again, "Al is the best man, I'm the maid of honour, we can't leave yet." The woman paused, crossing her arms briefly as she thought. Snapping her fingers once coming to a conclusion.

"I have just the thing, though it does have a couple of consequences." Nodding along already as an opportunity to escape his hold had shown itself.

"He'll be fine, do it." Without a chance to even blink you had been flipped underneath him. Body pressing into yours as he breathed heavily.

"Don't volunteer me for things, darling." Shivers ran down your spine, his voice low and right in your ear. Another quick nip to your neck making you squeak. Eyes darting to Marianne who appeared on the verge of laughing you felt your face heat up.

"You think you get a say young man? I've already decided," holding a hand above the back of his neck she focused, "Geri." Her fingertips started to glow, making you close your eyes from the proximity. Alastor's breathing going back to normal.

"Al?" He fell onto his side, eyes closed. Worried she may have knocked him out or something.

"This never happened." A smile broke out onto your face, relieved that the spell his mother cast had done whatever it needed to do.

"It worked, for a second I thought it wouldn't, you've got a few hours left to enjoy the party and get your duties done since it can't be held off forever." She waved her goodbye as she left, closing the door behind her. Alastor getting off of the bed, his back to you. Shuffling off and relieved when your feet hit the floor.

"I apologize, that was the first time I've lost control like that." You only laughed, causing him to turn to you.

"It's fine Al, it would've been worse had mine started today as well, but I realize it won't due to obvious reasons," holding your stomach as you finished your sentence, he took a second to realize what you were referring to, "now let's go back to the party, we still haven't danced yet." Starting for the door and expecting him to follow.

"Just a moment darling," spinning on your heel to face a mirror, as he held it in front of you to look at your reflection, "you know, I have to say I'm not sorry." The little nips on your neck had bled a little, your dress was all out of order and your hair...you almost were ashamed to look at it.

"You did this, you fix it." Shadows surrounded you promptly and when you saw your reflection again, everything had been put back into order. Happy with the outcome he sent the mirror away.

Heading back to the ballroom, not a single person noticed the two of you come back. Any of the ladies from earlier had seemingly given up on their chase and you were able to dance together without any interruptions. By the time the fourth song had ended you were already tired out, Alastor respecting your wishes to sit down and joining you at the table. Surviving off of small talk and urging him to have a few drinks. Your stomach grumbling, a wave of nausea washing over you. A little angered that you predicted it would happen at the wedding. Asking Alastor to go get you a few things from the snack table he obliged, dispersing into shadows and getting ready to pick out the absolute best for you.