Chapter.8 : Unexpected

Satomi jolted up on her bed, realized she wanted to cry since in her dream; she let the tears roll down her cheeks. Though the dream was so sweet, there was this crying needing feeling. She didn't know why, she just let the tears burst out. If she wanted to name the dream she had, she would name it dejâ-vu.

Luckily to her, today was Sunday so she hadn't to go to school and bear with boring classes and lessons. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she headed to libing room. The soft sunlight illuminated the small apartment. It was the apartment her mother bought her, Satomi and her elder sister used to live together but since her sister was a dentist and moved to Tokyo due to her job, she lives alone in her apartment. Her mother would sometimes visit her, though she also lives in different city. Her father is a tour leader so he is always busy and in travel.

The silence felt so comforting but she knew if it last too long, it'll be irritating. She was deep in thoughts of her dream and what to do since it was weekend but her thoughts immediately interrupted when her stomach let out a growl. She remembered she hadn't make anything to eat as she headed to the fridge and opened the door, the first thing that caught her eyes was her mother's pancakes from yesterday or two days ago. It wasn't her favorite but it was better than nothing. The smell of strawberry filled her nose as her stomach growled louder then she grabbed the hem of plate and pulled it out of the fridge then closed the door

While taking bites of the sweet pancakes, she heard a "ding" sound coming from her phone as she picked it up and looked at the message sent by her classmate "the date of the exam has changed" her pink eyes widened by reading the message as she almost choked on her pancake. After a few seconds, she managed to type

"Really? When it is then?"

"The new date is still unknown, but the teacher said it's less than a month. I'm afraid they want to surprise us"

Satomi was irritated by the fact, sure this was teachers hobby to test the students but this was an important exam which helps them in university, or at least, that was what they've been told.

"I see" she typed and sent immediately. By the message, it was like she didn't mind at all but actually she was worried, math and science was the least things she was good at not to mention she hated those two subjects. Her mother is impatiently waiting for the exam results, willing highly for her daughter to pass by one of the highest grades. Satomi couldn't imagine her mother's reaction when she finds out she messed up the exam, she hoped that would never happen.

The sound of her phone snapped her out of thoughts as she read the sent message

"Wanna come over for studying? I called some other classmates too"

It wasn't really bad idea but it was long time since she hadn't hanged out with friends even for studying. She barely talked in the class and had no friends nor contacting her old ones, except for Nana who sometimes visits her. She's in different class. The introverted Satomi was, she couldn't open up to anyone so easily so she already knew the answer

"Sorry, i'm fine by myself, thanks anyway"

She typed which was half lie. She wasn't fine by herslef since she was awful in math and disliked physics so she couldn't focus on it nor understand it ompeletly. Yet, she disliked the crowd so she decided she'll handle it alone, even if she really couldn't.

"Are you sure?"

No

"Yes"

"Ok then, good luck"

"You too"

She put her phone on the table. She really didn't have anything to do, her apartment was neat, she was already stuffed so she didn't need to make lunch now. She did her homeworks. The only undone things she had was srudying for her upcoming exam and........her story.