what happened

| C H A P T E R 1|

"Wait, which museum is it?" I asked again, trying not to zone out this time

Dasom sighed and crossed her arms, giving me an annoyed look as she repeated the address for the thousandth time. "Art and Creation on 24th street,"

"Tomorrow at 12:30, the group will grab lunch and then start the research," She then held out her hand. Confused, I stared down at the empty palm, only to then look back at her.

"What? Do you need chapstick-" I was cut-off. "Give me your phone Minji, I'm setting a reminder for you,"

"Thanks," I smiled sheepishly as I gave up my phone. "Anything for you, Ji," Dasom said dramatically, obviously annoyed with me.

I shifted my weight uncomfortably, feeling guilty for even thinking her attitude was unreasonable.

After typing something into my phone she tossed it back over to me and gave me a strained smile. "See you tomorrow," I said it like it was a question.

She just shrugged before turning around and strutting over to a group of girls I didn't know all that well.

I sighed, watching as her straight lips immediately pulled into a smile once she started talking with them.

Dasom and I had been best friends since diapers. We'd even enrolled into the same community college together so we'd be able to be dorm mates. We had liked the idea of being sisters- almost.

But stuff happened and we started to drift. She found herself a "better" group of friends and I was left to pout about it.

I keep having to tell myself that life goes on (😌) and I'll find another person to have fun with.

These thoughts had been running through my mind as I stared at Dasom. It wasn't until she cleared her throat uncomfortably from across the hallway when I came back to reality.

Out of embarrassment, I quickly turned around to escape the situation. But of course, I only made it worse.

I tripped over nothing and did one of those ice skating twisty maneuvers to stop myself from falling.

It worked. Kinda.

In panic I looked over to Dasom, who was already walking away.

I headed to my dorm, lost in thought. Now that I didn't have somebody to spill my thoughts towards, I had been doing a lot of daydreaming.

For the final project of the year, our teacher put the students into groups of four and gave us a topic to present two weeks later.

Together, Dasom, Woojin, Jungkook, and I had agreed to do a project on sculptures- which fit the concept we were assigned.

We figured we'd go to a museum that offered several statues and what-not. Atleast they figured, I had overslept during class that day.

I tilted my head subconsciously when I thought about Jungkook.