birds

I jerked awake when I heard the obnoxious banging and yelling. Did I die or something-

Heart still beating rapidly, I took a few deep breaths before looking around and standing up from the seat I had been asleep in.

As predicted, my back and neck were sore. I would have a fun time getting around today.

"Help!" I heard Jungkook yell from across the room. My head snapped to his direction, and I watched for a few confused seconds as he banged on the glass doors of the museum.

He was trying to get passerby's attention.

"Help us!" He tried again. "I'm pretty sure Africa can hear you," I called over to him, making him aware I was now awake.

It was now light outside and I was glad that it was slightly warmer than the previous nights had been.

I watched as he tried for a few more minutes before sighing and letting his forehead drop against the door.

"Why is nobody outside?" He said, frustration evident. "Maybe because it's 6 in the freaking morning and people would rather be sleeping?"

He turned around and gave me a really look.

I offered him an innocent smile before skipping over to him.

"We'll try again in an hour or so, it's not that big of a deal," I shrugged, observing the light snowfall that went on outside.

Jungkook just scoffed before turning his back to me. "Maybe it isn't a big deal for you, but it is for me. I know I'd much rather be back in my dorm, safe and sound, warm and full, and not with you,"

I was a little taken about from what he'd just said. I'd thought we had finally been getting along, but I guess not. "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way," I mumbled after a few awkward moments before walking off.

"Minji, wait," Jungkook sighed. I could hear the guilt in the way my name rolled off his tongue- but I didn't want to hear it.

"Yes Jungkook?" I turned around stiffly. "I'm sorry," He started. "It's just, I haven't been doing so well these past few weeks and this just adds on to my stress and-"

"Jungkook you aren't the only one trapped in a museum. I am just a stressed as you, but I'm not being a jerk about it," I laughed, getting annoyed with him yet again.

He stated at me for a few moments before looking down to the ground. "You're right, sorry," He mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked, feeling slightly petty.

"I'm sorry," He said at a normal tone, meeting my face.

I nodded, before strolling back up to him. "You should work in your people skills," I coughed awkwardly. "Oh whatever," He sighed.

Glancing towards the window, I tilted my head slightly when I saw that the roads were still wet.

"They might be telling people not to go out- Wait what if there's a flash flood warning?" I talked to myself, biting on my bottom lip out of nervous habit.

"I doubt it, people may be choosing to just stay inside," Jungkook said, looking out of the same window.

We watched a red bird flap around outside before coming to a stop at a tree.

I watched as a brown bird seemed to greet it and they chirped at each other for a few moments before the brown bird flew off.

The red one disappeared into the branches where the brown had come from.

They were mates. I observed, remembering all the National Geographic shows I'd seen.

Jungkook cleared his throat from beside me and I turned my head to look back up at him.