twelve

[ sunshine chaser ]

Chan sat on Jisung's couch, brow furrowed as he scrolled through his emails. Changbin sat by his side, surprisingly keeping his snarky remarks to himself. "The company has decided to sign your group, 3racha, in a contract eligible for one album promotion period. If successful, we will discuss a further contract," Chan read the message aloud. Changbin's scowl, aimed at Chan since he discovered the relationship between him and Felix, morphed into a fleeting smile at the news. 

Jisung clapped his hands together and threw his body onto the sitting duo. "We did it!" He cheered, pumping his fists in the air and narrowly avoiding knocking Chan's perfect pearly whites out of his face. The older man shoved Jisung off his lap, and he fell to the floor with a grunt. "Wait until I tell my boyfriend about this slander."

Chan chuckled and closed his laptop, sliding it under the couch where Jisung's clumsy ass couldn't destroy it. "Oh yeah? You ever seen Felix in a fight? He would kick your ass, Sung."

The mention of Felix had Changbin squirming in his seat, probably resisting the urge to cry or murder someone. Chan wasn't oblivious to the turmoil the Australian's name caused, and usually avoided mentioning him or any crushes in Changbin's presence. But the excitement overcoming his body blocked out his careful filter.

"He's going to be so excited," Chan gushed, already typing a message into his phone, presumably to Felix. "I really like him." The elder confessed. Jisung glanced at Changbin to see him twirling his phone, unaffected, but the subtle shake of his hands was visible even with Jisung's horrible eyesight. Jisung opened his mouth to comment on Chan's blunt confession, but Changbin waved him off.

"We were toxic, Ji. And as hard as it is to admit it, he is better off with Chan. He's..." Changbin hesitated, a guilty frown on his lips. "...happier." He turned his attention to Chan and grabbed the leader's veiny hands in his pudgy ones. "Thank you for making him happy when I couldn't." His voice was dripping with sincerity, an unusual sight for the typically guarded Changbin. "If we're going to continue this journey together, then we need to be more than civil. This isn't a crumbling relationship, like Felix and I, this is forever." Jisung hummed, and Chan nodded.

"Is there anything you want to say to me?" Chan asked after a few awkward beats of silence.

Changbin laughed and swung their interlocked hands. "Do I have permission to say it?"

"Yes, of course. It's the least I could do after..."

"Stealing my boyfriend?" Chan nodded. Changbin sighed thoughtfully and sunk further into the couch cushions. "I hated you, still do, a little bit. Like, how dare my best friend betray me? I don't hate you for sleeping with Felix. I think I always knew he was with someone else, but I hate you for not telling me. Felix and I... our relationship hurt us both, and I was the one too scared to let go. I know Felix better than anybody in the world, from his body to his fucked-up mind, and I thought that if I let him go, someone would come along and destroy what little life he had left." Changbin fiddled with the couple necklace resting above the collar of his shirt. "I wish you told me it was you, Chan. I trust you with my everything, and Felix was my everything."

Chan leaned his head on Changbin's shoulder. "I'm sorry for lying to you."

Changbin reassuringly patted his fluffy hair. "I don't forgive you, not yet, but I won't hold it against you."

"Hey! You're saying you wouldn't trust me to take care of Lix?" Jisung whined, wriggling between the two from his spot on the floor. Changbin chuckled and threw his arm across Jisung's shoulders.

"Yeah, okay, like I would entrust the love of my life to the man who somehow killed a fake plant." Changbin snorted, and Jisung's pout deepened.

"For the record, I have kept Minho alive for almost two months now, all by myself." Jisung proudly announced, crossing his arms with a triumphant smirk.