Glimmers P.O.V

Hey guys :) this is my first story so sorry if it's bad ;)

I tried to describe Glimmer's story in a different way and make people think that she wasn't a killer, that she was just a scared kid wanting to go home. I hope you enjoy it!! :D

Chapter 1

The sound of my mother moving downstairs wakes me. As i rub my eyes i realize that I'm covered in sweat. As I'm getting out of comfy bed I know why. I was having nightmares about the reaping.

In my dream the rules had been changed to two boys and two girls from each district had to go into the games. And I was chosen along with my little 12 year old sister Emerald, my older 18 year old brother Topaz and my boyfriend Marvel. Marvel and I are both 16. During the games we were the last four left until the three turned on me, stabbing me over and over again making sure to make me suffer as much as I could. Thats the thing that i hate the most, stabbing pains. Like bee stings. My body shudders at the thought if my dream becomes reality.

I decide to wear a navy blue skirt with little pink and white cherry blossom flowers on it and a white blouse with frills on the front. As I brush and style my shiny gold hair my sister Emerald wakes up.

Her hands fly up to her mouth. 'You look beautiful Glimmer!' Emerald exclaims. I do a little twirl and giggle 'thank you Em, you are going to look beautiful as well!' I reply. The smile on Emerald face fades, 'Oh Glimmer, I know it's supposed to be a honor to compete but I don't want to, I don't want to be chosen' Emerald says as her eyes fill with tears. 'Emerald, it's ok' I scoop her into my arms and hug her tightly 'Em, it's ok. I felt like this too on my first reaping.'

'Really?'

'Yes, but now that I'm older and that I've trained more I've gotten used to it and now I see why it's honor. You've trained right?'

'Yes, I'm really good at survival and the knifes'

'see, you will be fine'

All of a sudden mum yells 'ARE YOU GIRLS READY YET? WE HAVE TO BE THERE SOON! I'LL MEET YOU GUYS THERE!''

'ALMOST!' I yell back. After Emerald puts on her favorite pink dress I help tie the white bow that goes around her hips. I then put her blonde hair into two braids. We then walk hand in hand down to the front door until our brother Topaz smashes into us on purpose.

'TOPAZ! YOU ARE SO ARROGANT AND MEAN!! DONT YOU CARE THAT ITS EMERALDS FIRST REAPING?!'

'not really, It's an honor anyway' Topaz retorts.

I heard a muffled sob behind and I whip around and see tears running down Emerald's cheeks.

'Oh Em' I scoop her into my arms and walk out the door shooting Topaz a dirty look. God he can be a pain.