Chapter 2

*not my artwork*

"What is this place," I ask aloud puzzled.
Out of nowhere, I feel an unsettling presence creep up behind my shadow. Reluctantly, I swivel around to see a tall, muscular man staring down at me as if I were a grain of sand. There were huge amounts of hurt, anger and pain in his soft dark brown eyes.
His thick black hair, having a mind of its own. Wafting in the slight spine chilling breeze.

All of a sudden he breaks the silence. "This place is a Sith temple. Who are you? How did you get in here!"
He yells, demanding answers immediately. It was almost as his eyes turned into pure anger, like nothing else I had ever seen.

"Who are you?"I ask, attempting not to let my voice tremble but failed to do so."

"you don't know my name... Girl?!" He asked as if I were nothing. Just a simple object in his way. It made my bones shiver with anxiety. But I didn't show it, I kept a strong core not letting anything seem as though it had any effect on me. 'You can do this Rey' I kept telling myself over and over hoping that I would coil some strength from it.

I answer with a simple "No".

"Well I'm kylo Ren and you should know that by now. And it may be the last thing you will know. As you aren't leaving here alive." He says with cruelty in his tone.

My heart begins to race, adrenaline pumping through my veins, Preparing myself for flight. As suddenly as fast as a flash of lightning striking a tree. I run. Not like running as though as your beings chased by a friend, whilst playing a game of tag. Like running to save my life. I follow my senses that then bring me down a small corridor that leads to an outside door. It was as if something inside me told me what to do like it was second nature. Like... like a force of some kind. It was as if I was born to do this. To run and fight.

I begin to hear heavy footsteps creep behind me, echoing.
THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD! He was getting closer, closing in on me. You could hear my breathless lungs gasping for oxygen, begging for me to halt. But I kept going, I knew that it wouldn't be long before he would come into sight.

Suddenly, it goes silent. You could hear each exhale and inhale I took.

"And where do you think you're running to?" Kylo Ren says with shrill in his voice.
I look at him panicked. This was it. There's no exit. No escape. Or so I thought...

All of a sudden small ray of sunlight catches the crystal that lay in my tightly clutched palm. I was holding onto it. As I knew Unkar would give me a lot for it. My parched mouth began to salivate with the little hydration I had left in me thinking about how many portions I could earn. I wouldn't have to work for days in the scorching heat, that would be bliss.

Kylo's eye catches the gleam. He gasps. This was exactly what he had been looking for. Little did Rey know that this moment would change her entire life for good. Or worse depending on your point of view of course.

——————————————————————————-

I'm back! I'm so sorry but I have been busy with school and I forgot that I even had Wattpad but I'm back and it looks like imma have another lockdown so that means more writing and more stuff for u all to read.

Please vote if you are enjoying this book so far. I have a really good plan of how this is gonna turn out like.

Thanks - Rosesarethebeauty x