xxii; a deadly bond

VOID AND JULIETTE WERE NOW BOUND TOGETHER FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG. The Nogitsune refused to share any details that she hasn't known already, which only made it harder for her to understand the extent of her abilities. There are few things she knew for sure, but one of them is that she amplifies his powers as a kitsune, though the question of how was still lost on her. Dozens of theories filled her head, questioning her next move if she were to make one.

       All she knew was that the Nogitsune was right on one thing, and it's that she had to be by her side. What he didn't know was that she wasn't planning on cooperating with him for long.

     "What are we doing here?" Juliette was now stepping into the empty school building, wishing that the two would run into Scott or Isaac, or anyone that would spread the message that she was okay. She knew word must've gotten out that they escaped Eichen House, but she hoped that none of them though she was killed. Though she wasn't certain if they'd be more relieved that she was, what looks like, on the Nogitsune's side.

     Void walked through the school hallways, looking for Mr. Yukimura's classroom. "Doing something I should've done long ago."

     "Do you have to be so fucking broad?" Juliette groaned, gripping the weapon she held. It was an unusual feeling that she hadn't yet admit to him; even with a weapon in her hands, she was drawn back from the idea of wounding him. The opportunity had showed itself a plethora of times throughout the day, and yet she hadn't even considered it. Not with the hope that Stiles was still in there somewhere.

     He must have known it too, because he personally gave her a dagger they found in the basement, before they left. From the moment he handed her the dagger, she questioned how he was so willing to hand her a weapon without feeling threatened. She couldn't help but wonder if he thought she was that incapable of causing him any harm.

    Before they walked into the classroom, he had his fist clenched, and he was staring at it, focused. When he unclenched his fist, a firefly flew away, into the classroom, then on the teacher's desk. Mr. Yukimura  carefully rose the textbook, then smashed it into the firefly, just as the Nogitsune stepped into the scene. "Coming in on a Saturday? That's dedication."

Mr. Yukimura was almost as surprised that Void was here, as he was with Juliette being here. "Where's she hiding them?"

Juliette sent her previous history teacher an alarmed look, but it seems that he has already figured out her connection with the Nogitsune, judging by the calm and knowing look on his face. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Those little knives..." He started throwing the books on the bookshelf to the ground. "Those daggers." He picked up a book and started skimming through the pages before he threw it to the ground. "I know what they are— physical representation of her tails. However the hell that works."

It didn't occur to Juliette that Mr. Yukimura was still pretending not to know he was face to face with the Nogitsune and not Stiles, until now. "Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it? I can direct you to the section of Japanese myth in the library."

"No.." Void drummed his fingers on the desk as he walked closer to the teacher, Juliette instinctively following behind him. "I'd like to talk to you. The older the tail, the stronger the Oni. Is that right? I know there's one left. And I know it's the strongest."

Mr. Yukimura eyed the dagger in Juliette's hands for a quick moment. "I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to."

"You'll talk." Void shrugged. "They always talk."

The moment Mr. Yukimura reached for the dagger Juliette held, she punched his jaw instinctively. When he leaned forward, relapsing, she gripped both her hands on his neck placing him in a chokehold. "I'm sorry." Juliette shakily spoke, not finding the strength to fight herself. "I'm sorry."