Chapter 1: Symptoms

3rd POV

        Soundwave's optics blurred once again. What was wrong with him? After an Energon raid, he had been feeling woozy and weak, and feeling the urge to scream and let all his stress out in one loud yell. That wasn't him though, was it? Soundwave swayed, and braced himself against the control panel to balance himself. Wha-? Starscream, who had been boasting to a few unfortunate Vehicons, noticed the change in behavior. "Soundwave? Are you...alright?" The SIC taunted, before giggling madly. Red swarmed Soundwave's vision.

        Before he did something diaristic, Soundwave unwillingly left the room, his processor now flooded with confusion and worry. From his chassis, Laserbeak chattered nervously. ::Master? Are you alright?:: Laserbeak asked through the mental link. Soundwave did not speak, but his hidden emotions were enough for Laserbeak to detach himself from Soundwave and rush to the Med-Bay, demanding Knockout's presence.

        The red sports transformer jumped at the sudden caw of Soundwave's pet. "Huh-? Laserbeak?! What's wrong?" Fretted the medic. Laserbeak jut kept chattering, but slowly flapping down the halls, in the direction of Soundwave's quarters. Knockout sighed and followed the bird. "Is something wrong with good ole' Soundy?" He asked, still wary of the bird. Laserbeak flew by and thumped Knockout's shoulder in agreement. The medic nodded, the confusion growing as he kept walking.

Soundwave's POV

        I turned my helm slightly at the sound of a con entering my room. Anger clawed at me. I tried to stand and confront the intruder, but my tanks churned, so I was forced to lay my helm back down on my berth. My anger grew. My quarters were private! No bot should be present!

        My optics caught a red flash in the dimness. Knockout? What was he doing here? I felt he familiar claws of Laserbeak crawling on my chassis, the reassured and slightly guilty and apologetic caws and chirps of the bird told him Laserbeak had gotten Knockout, and led him here. "By the AllSpark!" Knockout gasped. I shifted slightly, then used ally strength to hull myself out of my berth. My tanks churned and groaned.

        Inside my visor, I bit the insides of my mouth nervously. If I purged here, I would be shamed for all eternity. Instead, I gently pushed Knockout out my quarters, before closing the door behind me. Laserbeak reattached himself to my chassis. I walked calmly down the halls of the Nemesis, but inside, I was screaming in agony. Pain had flared up from inside my body. I shook slightly. A Vehicon stopped to stare quizzically at me. I walked away wordlessly. I stopped inside he control room, and continued my work at the computer. My long, slender fingers scaled across the key board in a graceful dance. The typing soothed me, almost ceasing my helm-ache completely.

        "-but Lord Megatron! This mine would be far more logical to mine!" Starscream's pleading voice reached my audio receptors. My helm-ache flared up once again. Curse that fragging, pit-spawned, cowardly glitch! I ranted in my thoughts. I stopped typing, and faced the bickering pair.

        "No, you fool! The Autobots would get there first if they aren't already." Megatron bellowed. My tanks churned again. I clutched my abdomen and bent over slightly, inwardly groaning. A few Eradicons looked over to me in shock. "But my liege-!" Starscream's plea was interrupted when an Eradicon shouted frightfully, "Officer Soundwave!" The Eradicon shouted. Megatron and Starscream spun to face me. I had slid to he floor, my intakes becoming labored as I tried to keep the bile down. Starscream stared at me, slack jawed. "Soundwave-?" Megatron questioned. Laserbeak detached himself, not to find of the idea of being purged on. "Call Knockout immediately!" Megatron ordered. The noise shook my whole frame. I stood shakily, and hobbled towards the wash rooms, ignoring the mob of Decepticons slowly following behind.

        I reached the wash room and collapsed onto my side, finally letting go. My visor split, revealing my mouth. I purged and heaved, gasping. I shut my optics tight, wishing it would finish. Laserbeak nuzzled my back gently, soothing me, but not getting too close. I felt like a sparkling. I felt helpless. Agony tore through me, and I purged again, a small whimper escaped my lips. Scrap!

        Once I finished, I shakily sat up, and leaned weakly against the walls, my intakes rough. Laserbeak cawed and curled up on my lap. I lifted a shaky servo, and caressed him gently."T-than-nk y-you, bud." I forced out. Laserbeak nipped my shoulder forcefully, not wanting me to speak. ::Don't speak. We have viewers. They know too much about you already.:: He warned. I looked at the Vehicons, Eradicons, Starscream, Megatron who crowded the doorway. My faceplates burned, blue flared my face. I looked away. Good thing they could not see my optics. The other half of my visor slipped back into place with a few silent clicks. I knew what was coming.