Bad Ending

It's been two whole years.

Two WHOLE years since our friend left for the human world.

We all miss them. OF COURSE we do! They were the nicest, friendliest person any of us have ever met...they helped me rescue my friend Dunsparce, they helped Virizion open up again, they helped Espeon and Umbreon, Hydreigon, they even found Keldeo and saved the world from the bittercold.

After they left, their most trusted partner found a way to communicate with them again. He found a way to bring them back to us, and left immediately to find them.

But they said no.

They didn't want to return. Maybe they're afraid of getting stuck between worlds, but I wouldn't know.
That should've been the end of that, but their partner...

...he couldn't accept it. At first, we thought he was in denial - it was only natural, of course. He went back the next day, and asked again.

They declined.

The next day, he went back again. And then again the next, and then again the next. We felt so worried, but we were sure he'd come to his senses.

The day never came. It's been two years, and every single day, he wakes up and greets us with that same cheerful smile. Those same, tired eyes.
"Good morning, everyone!" He'd cheer, "I'm headed off to get our friend. We'll be back before you know it!"

It's almost like...something in his heart, something in his soul, is refusing to let him believe any time has passed. I've tried to tell him that it's over. Our friend doesn't want to return, and we should just be happy we got to be with them for a little while...

All of us watched as his expression went blank. For an entire minute, there was silence.

And then a laugh.

An insane, hysterical laugh.
"Oh, Emolga! You've always been such a joker."

And then he left again.
I often wonder if our friend even thinks of him. Surely they do, right? Because every day, they decline his plea, over and over again.
Do they even realize what they've done?!
Have they tried to talk to him about it?! Or explain?!
Do they even care?!

I know it's wrong to get mad at them, but...It's hard. It's hard knowing that there's nothing we can do.
We can't...I can't help...The only thing I can do is watch their beloved partner slowly lose his mind with every passing day.