Chapter 32.

"Little bird, come on!" Monty yelled from his living room. 

"I'll be right there!"

"You said that five minutes ago, Mags!" Diego's voice drifted down the hall as you checked your hair in the bathroom mirror one last time.

"You always look amazing, babygirl. Let's go!"

Ugh, boys! You threw your bag into Monty's room and headed down the hall. The conversation that they were having stopped as soon as Monty saw you walk into the living room. "Okay, I'm ready. We can go now."

Monty just stood there staring at you until Diego nudged him. "Dude, you're practically drooling." He rolled his eyes but as he walked by you he added. "Looking good, Mags."

"Thanks, Dee."

He opened the door and waited for you and your boyfriend. You looked at Monty, who was still just standing there, and gave him a grin before heading to the door.

Without warning, his arm wrapped around your waist while the other pushed his friend outside. "Two minutes." He told him sternly before closing the door in his face.

"I thought you were in a hurry to leave." You giggled as you leaned back against the front door.

He smirked at you before his lips crashed into yours hungrily. Your fingers slid over his plaid covered chest and threaded through his short brown hair. He pressed his body against yours as his lips made their way down your neck. You let out a small moan as he kissed the spot where your neck and shoulder met. His hand found your bare left thigh and slowly slid up under the short dress you were wearing.

"Yo, lovebirds! Let's go!" Diego called from the other side of the door. "You can make out all you want at the party."

"Come on. We've kept the poor guy waiting long enough." Your boyfriend groaned in annoyance. "Don't even!" You laughed as you pushed him away from you. "You have been excited for this party since senior year started."

"Well, now I'm excited about you. You're wearing the same outfit you wore to the first party you came to after you moved here...where we had our first kiss."

You smiled as you thought back to that night. You and Monty were in Bryce's backyard away from everyone else...you had gotten cold and he had given you the plaid shirt he had been wearing...he kissed you...you talked...you kissed some more.

"Mhm, that was a good night."

"Damn right it was." As he looked you up and down, you tugged at the hem of the dress. His hand grabbed yours and brought it to his lips. "No, babygirl."

"It doesn't cover very much." You said quietly as you looked down at your right leg. You were still wearing the brace but you had always had jeans or leggings on underneath before, unless you were at home or at Monty's when it was just the two of you. Tonight it was just the brace and your bare leg. The straps that held it on your leg covered some of the scars but there was a lot that still showed.

"Little bird, you look beautiful." He kissed your hand again. "But, if you would feel more comfortable if you changed, you can." He let go of your hand and grabbed your face, he kissed you hard and long. "I love you exactly the way you are."