Chapter 18.

Jessica pulled you into the living room to dance as soon as you and Monty had walked through Bryce's front door. And you had been dancing since...which was an hour ago.

"Okay, okay." You huffed, trying to catch your breath. You made a throat-cutting motion with your hand signaling you were done.

Jess linked your arm as you walked up to your boyfriends who were leaning against the wall watching, while a couple other jocks were standing around talking.

"Your boyfriend's eyes barely left you the whole time you were out there," Jeff informed with his crooked smile.

"Dude. You are so whipped," Bryce teased.

Monty beamed. "If whipped means I get her, then damn right I'm whipped." He stepped forward, closing the distance between you in one stride, and pulled you into a passionate kiss.

You could hear the guys hooting and hollering and Jessica and Justin telling you to get a room, but you didn't care. When you finally pulled away from each other, you were even more out of breath than you were when you stopped dancing.

"I could use a drink. How about you, Mamacita?" Monty smirked.

"Damn, I think everyone could use a drink after that kiss." Bryce joked as he patted your boyfriend's shoulder. "My room's upstairs, if you want it."

Your cheeks instantly turned red. Monty gave his friend a playful shove before pulling you against him. Bryce just laughed and headed out the french doors to the beer keg outside. "Want me to beat him up for you?" Monty asked with a grin. You giggled and shook your head. "Let's go get a drink." He wrapped his arm around your shoulders as you made your way to the kitchen.

You opened the bathroom door and was about to walk out but a tall form blocked your path.

"Hey."

"Uh, hi Bryce." You stepped towards him, expecting him to move, but he didn't. You swallowed. "I-I should go find Monty."

"I need to talk to you first." Before you could say anything, he walked towards you. You automatically took a few steps backward, to keep the distance between you. The door closed behind him and you heard the lock click.

Your heart rate started to speed up. "M-Monty's waiting for me." You went to tuck a stray strand of hair behind your ear.

Bryce reached up, his fingers landed just above yours, and brushed your hair back. You quickly pulled away. "You don't have to be nervous, Mags." He grinned.

"I-I need to go." You tried to go around him but he moved in front of you.

"You look good tonight, Mags," he eyed you up and down, "really good."

The look in his eyes made an image of Ryan flash through your mind. N-N-No. Your hands shook as you wrapped your boyfriend's flannel around you.

"You know, I've been trying to figure out what made you pick Cruz over me." He took a step towards you, a cocky grin on his face.
You tried to retreat but your back hit the wall between the shower and the vanity. "I mean, sure, he's got the bad boy thing going for him, and good girls have a soft spot for that kinda thing, but-"

Mon! "Bryce-" Tears stung your eyes.

"He said your dad doesn't like him. He's an attorney, right? I bet him and my dad would get along. You and your parents should come over for dinner sometime-"

"I-I have to go." You pushed past Bryce.

"Mags, wait." Before you could unlock the door, Bryce grabbed your arm and spun you around.