•|1|•

Lauren Monique

"How long have you been together?"

"Five years"

"And how long have you been married?"

"Two years"

"How old is everyone?"

"Mm Delilah's five, Squirt's three, Milan is two, Elijah twenty-eight and I'm twenty-two"

"Are you happy?"

"Duh if I wasn't I would've left" squinting at Sage I checked the time. "I've been coming to you for like three years now and yet you still ask me these same questions"

"So let's change courses, how are your kids?"

"Fine, Squirt should be getting up from his nap soon so could we wrap this up?"

"He still gets anxious when you aren't around?"

"Yeah I think he has separation anxiety"

Nodding Sage leaned closer crossing her ankles and putting her notepad down.

"Where does he go when your here or at work? I'm sure he can't go with you everywhere"

"He's home when I come here for my therapy sessions, he's asleep before I go. I'm self-employed so he can come with me when I go to my photography studio, he helps out"

"And your other kids?"

"With their dad, uncles or grandfather"

The timer went off indicating our session was up, texting Elijah I stood up and walked out of her office then building.

Instead of texting back, he called.

"Yessir?" I hum into the phone

"Hey babe, you're on your way back right?"

"Yeah, I'm getting in the truck now, Squirts up?"

"You can't hear him?" chuckling bitterly Elijah called him over. "say hello"

"Mama?" Squirt hiccups

"Hey baby, I'm on the way home okay? Stop crying"

"Okay" hiccuping he sniffles into the phone

"Ask Papa to put finding Nemo on for you and light your candle"

"Okay"

"Babe, I'm tired of watching that movie" Elijah groans

"Then don't watch it, it's for Squirt, not you. Ima stop by Pops restaurant do you want something from there?"

"I'll eat whatever you get me"

"Good answer, kiss my baby for me and make sure Milans dressed for her ballet class"

"I forgot that was today"

"I bet you did" hanging up I pulled up to Pops

***

"Milan, Delilah bring ya ass! We're going to be late" I shout tying Squirts shoes

"I'm right here" Milan giggles sliding down the stairs

"I don't want to go" Delilah whines from the top of the stairs

"We aren't going with them, you have boxing lessons" Elijah rolls his eyes playfully picking her up. "where did you put your boxing gloves?"

I still don't understand why he has her taking those damn lessons, she's only five.