•|7|•

Lauren Monique

"I just want a hug" Amir huffs

"No mama sleeping, her sleepy" Milan whispers rubbing against my ear, moving my head I looked around the room seeing the whole family standing around the bed.

"Aye hoe wake up"

"Mom leave her alone, she needs to rest"

"Bullshit, she needs to get away from you and let loose. Lauren gets up bitch" Vivian chuckles pulling the covers back. "I got strippers on the way"

I wish I could disappear for a split second

"They won't be anywhere near my wife" Elijah huffs shooing away Vivian's hands, tossing the comforter over my body. "go back to sleep Babe"

"No mama, I missed you" Amir sniffles squeezing in between Milan and me.

Checking the time I nod seeing that I missed my photoshoot and half of the day. Damn

"I want to be alone" I announce loudly over Vivian and Elijah's bickering.

"Ma!" Delilah frowns standing in the doorway holding Tatum. "I want you to play tutu ninjas with me"

"Not right now Dee" getting out of bed I grabbed my shoes, phone, and keys on my way out of the room.

"Babe waits, where are you going?" Elijah questions following behind me

"Somewhere that doesn't involve you or—"

"You don't want us nomo?" Amir whines catching me off guard

"That's not what I said, Papa, I just need an hour or two by myself"

"But I didn't see you all day"

Maybe I shouldn't go...

Seeing the distraught look on my face Elijah stepped in.

"She'll be back, how about we ride the four-wheelers up the nature trail and rematch finding Nemo for the thousandth time this month" he mutters as if it pained him

"I'll call you on the way back" kissing both of their cheeks I wiped Amir's tears away. "don't cry Squirt, I'm coming back"

"Take a guard with you" Elijah hums watching me walk away

"Sam!! Sammy boy where you at?" I yell once I made it outside

"I am not a dog Mrs.Ricci, don't call out to me like I am one" he responds leaving his posts on the side of the house. "how can I be of service?"

"Elijah doesn't want me driving so I'm trusting you to be my driver for a few hours"

"And here I thought you were offering me out to dinner" he chuckles following behind me to my truck

"You didn't eat yet? Benjamin was supposed to make dinner for y'all to take home" frowning I glanced at him confusedly. "we can stop somewhere if you want to"

"I was joking Mrs.Ricci, I ate about fifteen minutes ago. Where am I taking you on this fine evening?" reaching from behind he opened the passenger door for me helping me in, closing the door behind me he went around and got in the driver's seat

"Truthfully I don't know, I just wanted to get out and do something for myself without my kids or husband"

"So many a spa day?"

"Sure why not"

***

Laughing at the uncomfortable look on Sam's face I waved him off tossing the cucumber slices into the trash.