Chapter 1: Planning

"Ant, I promise you that I can help paint," Jasmine said, leaning against the doorway of the soon-to-be nursery.

"Jas, I don't want you or her to be affected by the paint chemicals," he responded.

"I've talked to the doctor already," she told him, cradling her bump. "She said that the paint chemicals won't hurt me or bubba."

Anthony hesitated for a moment, then sighed. "Okay, you can help," he said.

Jasmine smiled, entering the room and picking up a brush.

"But don't stress yourself too much," he said quickly. 

"I promise that I won't stress myself," she told him, dipping her paintbrush in the can and starting to paint. "This is such a pretty color."

"It is," he responded, reaching up to paint the corner. "I'm glad we picked this color."

It was a pale purple which they thought added some more cheerfulness to the room. They had to finish painting and then set up the crib and rocking chair. Star was due in a few weeks and they wanted to make sure that it was all finished a week before her due date.

Jasmine felt light kicks starting up again and she smiled, placing her hand on her bump. "She's gettin' more active," she told up.

"Is she kicking again?" he asked and she nodded. His face lit up and she took his hand, placing it on her bump.

He knelt down, pressing kisses to her stomach and Jasmine giggled. She felt the kicks getting stronger and told him, "Someone likes spending time with you."

Anthony laughed, standing back up and they continued to paint. The room was finished a few hours later and Jasmine leaned back against Anthony's chest. He wrapped his arms around her, setting his hands on her bump. 

"I swear if you get paint on this shirt..." she mumbled and Anthony chuckled. 

"No paint on my hands," he responded. "Now all that's left is to put together the crib and the rocking chair and then lay out a few more things."

"Mhm," she said, closing her eyes. "Then we'll be ready for you bubba."

Anthony smiled, leaning down and pressing soft kisses to her neck. She sighed and placed her hands over his.

"Are you tired?" he asked. "You wanna lay down?"

"Yeah," she whispered, closing her eyes.

Another week passed before they had time to work on the nursery again and they knew they were cutting it close. Jasmine was sitting on the floor of their bedroom with a million pieces of crib surrounding her. 

"Ant!" she exclaimed, looking at the directions for the 100th time. She heard him nearly sprint up the stairs and he quickly came into the room, with a worried look on his face. Jasmine recognized the look and reassured him, "I'm not going into labor, I just need help with putting together the crib."

"Oh okay," he said, sitting down next to her.

"I can't find this piece," she told him, pointing at the instructions. "An' it's hard to move." Her other hand was resting on her still growing bump. Anthony moved across the pile, grabbing the piece she needed. 

"Lemme help you," he said. "I don't want you stressing yourself out and I bet we can get it done faster together."

Jasmine smiled, leaning over to kiss him. "Thank you bub," she said. They were able to finish it within the next few hours and Anthony put together the mobile while Jasmine put the sheet on the mattress.

She grabbed the stuffed animals and blanket she had gotten from her baby shower and set them up in the crib.

"Well, that's one more thing done," she said, sitting down on the bed and cradling her bump. "You're very lucky bubba."

Anthony laughed, sitting next to her and placing his hand on her stomach. "Shall we do the rocking chair too?" he asked.

"Might as well," she responded. "We're already up and cutting it close so there's no use in procrastinating anymore."

They took a few more minutes to rest before they got up and started to put together the chair. Anthony made sure that he did the harder work so Jasmine didn't strain herself or the baby. "This is gonna be comfy," he said, laughing. "I may sit here instead of my chair in the studio."

Jasmine smiled and said, "I'll let you do that but only if she's laying here and you get her when she wakes up."

"Of course I can do that," he responded, smiling. "I can't wait to hold her."

"I can't wait either baby," she said. Once they were finished, Jasmine sat down in the chair, closing her eyes.

"I could take a nap here," she said. 

"We can take a nap, but not here," Anthony told her. "I don't want your back to hurt."

"Mkay," she responded, reaching her hands out for him.

He helped her stand and they snuggled up in bed together. Jasmine let her eyes slip shut and she murmured, "We got it all finished."

"Yeah we did," he responded, kissing her forehead. 

"An' now we're ready to bring her home," she said quietly, starting to nod off. 

"Yeah," he mumbled. "Ready to bring her home."

so new book that's exciting i most likely won't discontinue this one since i actually planned it out like a smart person so yeah janthony with kids we love to see it