Chapter 4: Overflowing

Jasmine yawned, tucking her head into Anthony's neck. "You tired baby?" Anthony asked, rubbing her back.

"After 12 hours of labor? What do you think?" she mumbled. They looked up when the door opened and a nurse wheeled a bassinet in with Star laying in it. Jasmine sat up and the nurse placed Star in her arms. 

"She's perfectly healthy which is good and you'll be free to go home in a few days," she told them.

"Thank you," she responded and the nurse smiled, leaving the room.

Star was fast asleep and she yawned, nuzzling her face against Jasmine's chest.

"Oh my god, I'm already in love with her," Jasmine said, brushing her thumb over her cheek. 

"Most beautiful little girl in the world," Anthony mumbled. 

"I can't believe she's finally here," Jasmine whispered, looking up at him. He pressed a soft kiss to her lips and when they broke away, Jasmine tucked her head into his neck. Star cooed and slowly opened her eyes. 

The two of them gasped when she looked straight up at Jasmine and Anthony said, "Baby she has your eyes."

"Yeah..." Jasmine responded, getting lost in her eyes. 

"She looks like you already," he told her. "But with my freckles."

Jasmine laughed softly and looked back up at him. "We have a daughter now," she whispered excitedly, nuzzling her nose with his. 

"You're so amazing," he responded, kissing her once more. 

Star made a few soft noises and wrapped her small hand around Jasmine finger. 

Jasmine felt her breath catch in her throat and her heart swelled with happiness. "She's so precious I can't handle it," she mumbled.

"I can't believe we made that," Anthony said. "And all it took was the kitchen."

She turned to him with a shocked look on her face. "Stop saying that in front of her!" she exclaimed, smacking his arm. 

"You know I'm just playing baby," he said, cupping her chin. 

"Mhm," she responded, smirking at him. "No more Mind Over Matter jokes."

"Okay, fine," he responded. "Can I hold her again?"

"Of course," she said, transferring her into his arms. She shifted around a bit, settling into his arms and cuddling up to him. 

"Wow god, I didn't realize how emotional this was going to make me," he mumbled. Jasmine saw tears welling up in his eyes and she laughed, laying her head on his shoulder. 

"We've waited so long it still feels like a dream to be holding her," he told her. 

"I feel the same way," she responded, brushing her thumb over Star's cheek again. She made quiet little noises and both of them felt their faces soften. 

"Hey beautiful," he said and Star wrapped her hand around his finger. She looked straight up into his eyes and Anthony felt his heart swell with love. 

"She knows my voice," he whispered, looking at Jasmine. 

"Of course she knows your voice bub," she told him. "You insisted on singing and talking to her every day."

"Yeah I suppose so," he responded, not fully paying attention to her. "I feel like I'm about to explode with happiness."

"Me too," Jasmine added. She yawned and tucked herself against Anthony. 

"You tired?" he asked and she nodded. "We should get some rest baby, it's been a long twelve hours."

Jasmine nodded and Anthony leaned down kissing Star's forehead. 

"Sleep well beautiful," Jasmine said, kissing her forehead as well. "Papa and I love you so much."

Anthony gently laid Star in her bassinet, making sure she was comfortable. They shifted to lay down and Anthony rubbed Jasmine's back. 

"I love you so much," he mumbled. "You're so amazing baby girl."

"I love you too," she mumbled. "We're a little family."

"Yeah that's right," he said. "Sleep well Jazzy."