Chapter 15

That day went by pretty quick. Me and Luke were practically attached at the hip the entire day. He had made it through so far, but I had a bad feeling in my gut.

The bell just rang so I packed up my things and got out of the class heading to my last class of the day. I searched for Luke in the crowded hallway, but he was no where to be seen. I checked class thinking he could already be there, but he wasn't. Finally running out of options I went and looked outside. I rounded the corner of the building to see Luke leaned up against the side of the building with a whiskey bottle in his hand.

"Luke?" I asked tentatively, remaining calm.

"Shit. You weren't supposed to see me like this." I could tell he had been crying.

"I thought you were getting better Luke. Why are you drinking, you could be suspended?" I said still keeping calm because I didn't want to make him upset.

"God damn it because I can Grace. I'm 18 for Christ's sakes!" He said this and threw the half empty bottle at the side of the building causing it to shatter. I winced.

"Hey, it's okay. If drinking is helping you through all of this, then you can drink. I'm not telling you what to do, just not at school okay?" I said this calmly even though I really wanted to cry and scream at him for acting so idiotic.

He ran both hands through his hair in frustration then came up to me and forcefully pressed his lips against mine. You could tell he had drunk a lot by the taste of alcohol in the kiss, but I didn't mind. He pulled off and cocked his head to the side. He opened his mouth and said,

"Be with me. I'm not asking, I'm telling. Be with me, Grace Elizabeth Montana. I know I don't deserve you, and I've been complete shit lately, but be with me."

It was no doubt one of the worst ways anyone had ever asked me out, but my face blushed uncontrollably as I nodded and said yes. He kissed me again and we walked hand in hand back into the school, for the first time as a couple.

//////////////////////////////////

Really short chapter but it was definitely needed because Luke is still on the edge and also LUKE JUST ASKED GRACE OUT AND THEYRE A COUPLE NOW OMG.