Chapter 20: Troublesome

Hanji's POV

A smile wouldn't leave my face. Almost like sewn it, yet I wore it proudly. Levi was out back towards HQ to get some food and stuff like that. Funny enough, we were growing our own little garden here. Something for Levi to do if he doesn't have anything else to clean. The doctor had just left- another small surprise. Now, I waited. Waited until Levi came back home. Until then, I'll eat the ice cream that Gabi had gave to me from Marley.

Minutes later, I heard the horse trotting nearby. From the window, I saw Levi leading the horse into the stable- how nice it must've been for that horse. Ever since Levi joined the Survey Corps, that horse had been loyal to him and managed to stay alive. Those days of riding in the walls with the dangers of being lost or killed... she stayed with Levi. Now, she's able to rest. A rest to live out her days with a stallion... maybe.

Levi walked in, giving a scowl as he saw the ice cream in my hands. I lost it. I chuckled when he shook his head in disapproval as he settled a basket of fruits and vegetables. "Seriously? Just because we're retired doesn't mean you gain more weight. Put down that ice cream."

I put it aside, leaning forward with that smile on my face. Huh, it must've startled Levi when he saw that plastered onto my face. His expression changed to such curiosity. There's always something new with Levi. Within this lifetime, I'll peel back his layers of secrets. 

"You're freaking me out- what's going on?"

"What if... gaining more weight isn't all that bad?"

Levi shook his head, groaning in disbelief. Was I that idiot, Levi Ackerman? Guess again. "More weight is bad. Don't gain too much. Imagine if we had to use our gear again- you'll be out of shape."

Once more, I repeated what I said with a gleeful smile on my face. "Levi, gaining weight isn't all bad. I'll give you a few more minutes to think about why."

"Hanji-" as if he was going to give me a stern lecture, he stopped in his tracks as his face grew more pale. "Again?!"

My shoulders shrugged as I leaned back in my chair. "Is that your final answer, Levi?" That smile never left my face. As much as I'm good to conceal my emotions, when it came to Levi's unbelievable reaction, I can't conceal it that much. "Well?"

"Hanji... you're pregnant..."

"Why don't you look at that- someone's right. I am pregnant."

He ran over to me, kissing my forehead. What came next, I expected. "Hanji- your age- a-are you sure?"

"Doctor said that... if I stay home and don't do anything active... stay home and take care of the twins... the birthing process should be a bit easier. Yes, age is problematic... but it's possible, Levi. I'll experience more pain and stuff- but... I think it's worth it. Just like how my lost eye was worth it. Worth everything compared that I would've lost my life."

A small smile grew on his face as he stayed with his arms wrapped around my body. His overprotective aura shadowing over me... I felt protective in his arms. I wanted to stay in it forevermore. "I love you, Shitty Glasses..."

"Love you too, Midget."