Chapter 7

I heard a really loud wailing cry. Not gonna lie I felt zero regrets, seeing a bawling Babar in front of me made me feel better about what he did to my dress and every single time he had bullied me in the past."MAMA, IT HURTS' he said in between sobs. My mami giving me death glares. Anna was trying to shush Babar while Taya was giving justifications on behalf of me.

'He dropped the ketchup on me first, that too intentionally!' i tried to clarify. Which seemed to anger mami even more to the point she came near me and before I could realize I felt a sharp sting to cheek and felt like a whistle was blowing in my ear soon I realized I had been slapped, really hard. Anna suddenly gasped at her hateful act and quickly wrapped her arms around me while placing a soft hand on the skin where I just had been hit. It was doing no good but hey atleast she was trying to soothe me.

"You should be grateful that my husband is keeping the three of you in our house!" Mami stammered in her hateful tone, venom dripping from each word. "We could throw you out any minute we want to but we don't! And instead of being grateful to me and my husband, you are here hitting our child? Is that what your mannerless father taught you?"

Everything was cool until she mentioned my father, she could insult me I didn't care, she could hit me I still wouldn't bother because my own mother was the sole reason I was here at the first place. But when someone mentions my father that too in an ill tone, that's where I would lose my mind. I could fight the world for my dad. 'you will always blame me cause you hate my father! And my father isn't mannerless your beloved son is!" I screamed holding my palm against my now bruising cheek, I didn't care I was answering back I had to let it out.

"Shiza go to your room, right now!" Uncle Rashid roared with his deep voice, everyone in the room went silent. I could see the hatred in his eyes for me. Of course, he's going to side with his beloved wife. I slowly went into my room but before entering through the door I turned around to look at Babar who had stopped screaming at that time and was just staring at me with tear-filled eyes. I gave him the same kind of smile that he gave me when he dropped the ketchup on my dress while smiling at him I went to my room.

Taya handed me my new pair of night suit that she had just unpacked from my suitcase. I took my clothes went to the bathroom changed into my pj's brushed my teeth and then looked at myself in the mirror. My face was still tear-stained. I washed it but the second water hit my bruised cheek it started stinging more. Just as if needles were pricking my soft skin.

Just at that moment, Anna came unto the bathroom holding a tube, as if she had foreseen that it would burn, she took out the transparent liquid on her finger and slowly applied the formula on my cheek, it stung badly at first but soon it felt like ice was rubbing on my cheek, the coldness felt so soothing I let out a smile to look at anna even she was smiling. Without a second thought, I wrapped my arms around Anna and gave her the tightest hug ever. She feels like mom more than mom felt like a mom.

It was night and it was time to sleep. Taya used to sleep on the bed while Anna slept on the mattress on the floor, and was supposed to sleep next to anna.