Chapter 4

I woke up with a sudden jerk to the sound of someone playing a toy trumpet over my head

'Wakey wakey big head' said my cousin Babar and to my horror that was when it had dawned on me that I was at my uncle's house already.  'When did I come here? Did they carry me here all the way long when passed out? What's gonna happen next?' were all the questions ringing in my head.

Mami broke off my series of thoughts by loudly hissing 'SHH' to her impertinent son .

I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room I was in. I had instantly recognized the room, 'Taya's room!' suddenly came to my mind.I used to call my Tabassum Aunt as Taya I don't know how but somehow that fell as her name in the family instead of her real name. A few seconds later I saw everyone come into the room in which me, Babar, and my mami were already present in, I saw my mom, my uncle, Taya, Anna(another name for Aunt Bali)entering the room. I kept waiting for more people to come but nobody else came.

'where are Hyder, Shaheen, and Maryam? And where is Abbu?' I instantly screeched in my already crying tone. My eyes were already swelled up with tears because I knew what was coming up. Uncle Rashid's features hardened at the mention of my father because he had always disliked him. 'Beta your brothers n sister are at home and your dad is waiting for me outside'.She said flatly, without any emotion.Uncle Rashid will take good care of you and you have Taya and Anna too and look your mami has already cooked your favorite dish today, perhaps we will come back to take you home as soon as possible"

My heart sank at the last words. 'i will go back home soon' i thought, having a sigh of relief. But somewhere in my heart there was a dreadful feeling that was already born, growing higher and higher.

'beta now I have to go, all your stuff is in your suitcase' she said pointing a manicured finger towards a small pink colored suitcase with my favorite barbie on it. She smiled at me and neared to me giving a final kiss to my forehead and a little smile which was rare cause she never smiled at me. She walked out of her room and I saw her green saree pallu vanish from the doorway. Leaving me alone here with my hooligan cousins. My mami who was sitting beside me all this time signaled her son Babar to follow her and went out of the room.

Taya and Anna who were standing with an apologetic look on their faces and looking at them I felt like I had someone who still loves me, cares for me, and would save me from the evils in this house because I know few people here aren't a wellwisher of mine, just like they pretend to be. Taya and Anna will be my shield .....till the time I'm here in this living hell