||• 𝟛𝟟. 𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 •||

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━

You watch as Jungkook stands up from your sofa and puts his phone down on the coffee table, "I'm here" he smiles walking over to you in the kitchen.

You've already got the meat from the fridge and got seasonings and everything laid out on your kitchen work top.

"Have you made burgers before?"

He looks at you, "what? No, I like to cook but, mostly noodle based meals, show me, teach me to do burgers"

Jungkook looks excited, all the last ten minutes emotions gone.

"Dump the meat in the bowl and mix it together with the seasonings, you choose how much seasoning goes in" you smile watching him closely as he does as instructed; your heart beating happily as he looks okay with you again.

This is so difficult, because every time you try to push him away a little, you pull him back even closer.

It's like magnets constantly attracting.

Can you stay close to him but not put your contract at risk?

Can you stay close to him but not put him at risk of media rumours?

Can you stay close to him but not allow fans to find out and then hurt him with lies and horrible messages online?

You shove the thoughts away quickly as he looks up at you, "it's mixed, what now?"

Right now, there are no rumours, no media, no fans, just you and Jungkook, that's all you need right now.

You make homemade burgers with Jungkook for the next twenty minutes, laughing and just talking as the burgers cook and you sort the burger buns out and do some fries, eventually after a full thirty minutes you both sit down on the bar stools at your counter top in the kitchen and dig into your food.

You're so happy to see him eating properly again, the worry you had when he was picking and poking at his food long gone.

"These are amazing!" He says shoving in another mouthful, "... wow you're a great cook!"

"Thanks, well, you made them" you smile and carry on eating.

Food demolished and plates thrown into your sink for cleaning later, Jungkook was hovering near you in your kitchen, "what's up?"

"Can I stay a bit longer, only..."

"Only what?"

"Just, I want to just... to sit with you" he stutters and you're sure you see his checks blush a little.

No! You're imagining it!

He doesn't like you!

Not like that!

You're the assistant!

You're friends!

No!

"Sit with me?" You're confused.

"Sorry, I'll go if you want me to... I, I'll call a cab..." he looks away from you, but you're quicker to react and turn around grabbing him, when he meets your eyes, his eyes widen and again, all your sense goes out of the window, any rational thinking gone, because you're lost in his gaze and he affects you too much when it shouldn't.

You pull him into a hug and he just lets it happen; when your bodies crash together he reaches his arms around you instantly and clings on, his fingertips gripping at your back through your shirt.