~Chapter 2-Escape~

Naomi was very, very bored. Las Gatas was visiting a top-secret facility to entertain the military cadre and scientists stationed there. It was surprisingly close to Cruces City, and the day was a very clear and sunny one. However, Naomi saw none of that. She was secluded locked in a room because, according to her Handlers, she was a security risk. Well, it was true, she thought gleefully. Naomi always found a way to explore and have some adventure when the group was on tour. The world was vast and there to be explored; Naomi had been bitten by the wanderlust monster from an early age. 

   She looked around her temporary prison. She had the normal amenities afforded a military dignitary. There was furniture -- upholstered none the less -- and some snack items. No video or audio equipment; that was reserved for the Officers. A well-kept copy of the Generalisimo's Memoirs readily available. Of course, Naomi could recite it by memory.

   Ah, there it is, Naomi beamed. There was an overhead air duct covered by a flimsy looking grate. She removed her mask and, with a small tool she always carried for times like this, pried out the tracking chip and placed it on the lounge chair. Returning her mask to her face, she stood on the other chair, using the tool to unscrew the grating. Because Naomi was slight of build, like most of her people, she easily fit inside the air duct system. The tricky part was keeping her ears from scrapping the upper part as she crawled. They folded down against her head but the space of the ductworks was very tight; she had much experience keeping quiet while traversing ductwork; she was surprised that her Handlers had not guarded against it.

                                                                        *        *        *