~Chapter 3-Discovery~

"I'm telling you; we need the Generalisimo's authorization to go ahead with the project. These things are hard to come by, you know." A gruff male voice was saying.

   "Doctor Jiminez, your plan sounds intriguing, but how do you know it will work on such a large scale?" Another man's voice said, this one being shrill and nasal.

   "Major General, as you have observed in our laboratory tests, this concoction we have out of Vat 19 is extremely deadly and losses very little potency as it diffuses over a large area. The test at El Desierto proves this. It also allays any fears of cross contamination, as the formula disintegrates forty-eight hours after activation. This plan is fool proof!"

   "I will make my report to Generalisimo's as soon as I return to the capitol. With this we an finally end the war, eradicating the PR scourge forever!"

   Naomi then heard the clink of glasses. I took her a moment to realize the sheer enormity of what she overheard. A final solution? These men are planning a mass genocide against the entire population of the enemy! For just a moment she thought of what life would be like without a state of constant war. There would be no more fear of midnight air raids and the bombs that destroyed half the cities of her beloved Republica. On the other hand, the entire economy of her nation depended on the war to sustain it. Then the enormity of the thing hit her like a cannonball; an entire population killed, all in one fell swoop. The price was too high. Naomi did not want to live in such a nation that could consider using such a weapon; it sounded like a biological taint manufactured by El Diablo himself. Evil.

   Naomi suddenly decided that she had to do something about it. She would escape her small prison and seek out the one group that might be able to thwart these evil men's plan; the resistance group known as the Latinidad.

                                                                   *        *        *