Rainy Night (Comfort)

It was raining outside and thundering, but it was almost calming. You waited in bed for Hawks to get home. You were just scrolling through your phone, trying to pass time. He finally got home, you almost didn't hear him get home because you were so tired. He makes his way to the bedroom and sees you.

Hawks: Hey babybird, sorry to keep you waiting for me

y//n: it's fine how was wor-

Hawks wasted no time, he quickly laid on your chest, you can tell he was exhausted. He was holding onto you tight and you felt him slowly start to drift off. You played with his hair and hummed a song to try and help him fall asleep. After a couple minutes you both had knocked out.

In the middle of the night you woke up, scared by the loud thunder. Hawks sees you and holds you, he tries comforting you.

Hawks: It's okay babybird, i'm here, you're safe in my arms.

y/n: okay, i'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you

Hawks: Feather, I'm here for you. You will never be a bother to me, I will be there to hold you every time you feel scared, okay? I love you songbird.

He wraps his wings around you to keep you warm and to try and silence the thunder. You feel so warm, it's surprisingly comfortable under his wings. You start to drift off as Hawks holds you and softly scratches your back.

Hawks: You know I love you kid, I love you so much. I don't know where I'd be without you. I will be here by your side everyday, for the rest of forever.

You felt warm, your heart was beating fast. You felt the butterflies in the pit of your stomach. How could you have gotten so lucky? You were grateful for Hawks and everything he's done for you.

*to yourself* "I hope this moment never ends."