part 31

I decided to skip my classes and drive back to our family house. My Dad was not at home since he's attending a business meeting in Brazil and he might stay there for a long period of time dahil he's planning to expand our business there.

"Brent, why are you here at this time? Don't you have a class?" tanong ni Mommy. She's currently enjoying her tea in our garden.

"Mom, the contraceptives that you gave me-" I hesitated to confront her since she's my Mother and for the past few months she's treating me so well already.

"What?" she seems confused at first. "Oh, that... What about it?" tanong nya and she sipped on her tea.

I don't want to ruin her favor on me that I've worked so hard just to obtain that's why I decided to beat around the bush.

"Well, you know that I have a girlfriend, Right?" panimula ko at tumango lang si Mommy. "The thing is I've been sleeping with her often. I do love her that's why I did it with her" I tried to see if she will be mad at me but she's actually calm.

"How often?" tanong nya pero hindi nya pa din ako tinitignan.

"Uhh-Well, Four times a week and we've been doing it for more than two months already" Napakamot pa ako sa ulo ko. I suddenly feel weird and awkward habang sinasabi ko ito sa kanya.

Tumango naman si Mommy but she didn't say anything.

I decided to sugarcoat my words since ayaw kong ma-disappoint sya sa akin. "I never used any protection and we've been relying on the contraceptives that you gave to me. She won't get pregnant, right?"

Instead of giving me the answer that I want, she asked me instead.

"Your girlfriend is the girl that your cousin was talking about and the girl that you described so highly, right?" This time tumingin na sa akin si Mommy.

"Right" sagot ko naman.

"How is she now?" ibinaba nya ang teacup nya and she gestured for me to sit.

"She's feeling well. She's eating a lot and she gained some weight. Anyway, I'm still worried that the contraceptives might harm her health since she stopped getting her period for two months already" I really can't confront my Mom so I can just discretely ask her some questions.

"It won't" sagot naman ni Mom kaya nakahinga ako nang maluwag. Does she mean she's not pregnant and the contraceptives doesn't have any side effect? "In the first place, that's not even a contraceptive. I changed it's content with some sort of vitamins that I bought in states"

Hindi pa ako nakakita nang contraceptive at hindi pa din nakakakita nito si Maxie that's why we assumed that it's a contraceptive. And I didn't think that my Mom would deceive me like this.