Part 29

Since wala namang class si Maxie sa umaga, I decided to let her sleep at pumasok naman ako.

"Bro!" tawag sa akin ni Xander at tumakbo sya palapit sa akin. Of course, nasa classroom sya since classmate ko sya at hindi na sya busy ngayon sa business nila.

"Why?" I'm still upset dahil nakikipag kita sya sa girlfriend ko and it seems like he's trying to get close to her. I want to confront them but I can't just jump into conclusions since best friend ko si Xander.

"I heard from Ghelo that you've admitted to your Mom na may girlfriend kana" usal nya. Of course, magkaibigan din sila nang pinsan ko.

"I did. Is there a problem?" sinimangutan ko sya nang napansin kong bigla syang natigilan dahil sa sagot ko.

"Relax... I don't mean anything about what I've said. I-I'm just asking since I'm curious about it." paliwanag naman ni Xander at halatang pilit ang pagtawa nya.

Hindi ko na sya pinansin at kumuha na lang ako nang libro at nagbasa.

"Did she like her?" biglang tanong ni Xander "I mean tinanggap ba nang Mommy mo si Maxie?"

"Hindi ko pa sya naipapakilala nang personal but as of now—" I hesitated for a while since I fabricated the details that I've told my Mom about my girlfriend "she like her".

"Is that so?" napabuntong hininga si Xander at bahagya syang napaisip.

**XANDER's POV**

Brent was acting cold towards me and I didn't even know if I did something that offended him.

Now that I've think of it, I'm really curious kung bakit at paano natanggap nang Mommy ni Brent si Shanell.

His Mom was terribly strict at hindi sya basta bastang papayag na simple lang ang girlfriend ni Brent. No matter how smart Shanell is, that is not enough for Brent's Mom to accept her just like that. Her Mom would surely demand that Brent's girlfriend should come from a rich family that could help them with their business.

Napatingin sa akin ang mga classmates ko pati na ang professor namin nang biglang nag ring ang cellphone ko.

"I'm sorry Sir. I need to answer this call" Paalam ko sa professor namin at pinayagan nya naman akong sagutin ito kaya agad akong lumabas para hindi ko maabala ang pag tuturo nya.

"Alexander" usal kaagad ni Daddy.

"Dad, I still have a class" paalala ko sa kanya. Wala naman kaming urgent business matter ngayon so I'm wondering kung bakit nya ako tinawagan.

"When am I gonna meet that girl? You told me that you will introduce her to me sooner. It's been so long already!" seryosong usal nya. I sighed while trying to think of a satisfying answer.

"Dad, my relation with her was still unstable—" hindi ko pa tapos ang sinasabi ko nang biglang nag salita si Daddy.

"That's bullshit. Stop giving me those crapt! Why can't you build your relation with her faster? Are you that useless? I didn't raise you just to prove me that you can't even do something as simple as that!" sigaw nya. My dad's temper was the worst of all. He doesn't even have the patience to wait.

"Dad, I can't just abduct her or talk to her causally like I own her. Brent would—" then again, hindi ko pa natatapos ang paliwanag ko nang nag salita ulit si Daddy.

"Who cares about that spoiled Jimenez kid? I don't care even if he's your friend! I want you to introduce me to that girl and you will! I'll expect that you will give me a good news within this week!" he demanded. It's always been hard to talk with my dad.

I can't do anything but to agree with my Dad. I'm sure he won't stop nagging me hanggang hindi ako pumapayag sa gusto nya. "Alright. I'll try to spend more time with her alone and build my relation with her and while I'm on it I'll also convince her to meet you."

I just hope na hindi magagalit sa akin si Maxie. It's nice to be be with her anyway.

"If you can't build your relation with her then you shouldn't be so shocked if I transferred you to states to continue your studies there!" babala ni Daddy and I know he will do it.

"Alright" Ibinaba ko na ang tawag and I sighed heavily.

"How am I gonna be with Maxie?" bulong ko. It's impossible to be with her since Brent was guarding her. And I don't want anyone to know that I'm trying to get close to her since ayaw ko din na malaman nang Mama ni Maxie ang tungkol sa amin.

Should I get some help from Ghelo and ask him to make Brent busy for the whole week?

Brent will surely loath me kapag ginawa ko iyon since he hate his cousin.

I'm gonna see Maxie later since sabay kaming kakain. A pity... I can't be with her alone mamaya.

Bumalik na ako sa classroom but I couldn't focus on our lesson since I'm thinking about my recent conversation with my Dad.

If my Dad wasn't demanding too much then I'm sure that if I take my time and let Shanell get used to me then she will surely agree if I ask her to meet with my Dad. Sadly, my Dad doesn't have any patience to wait that long.

And I think I should also do something about Brent. He's acting clingy to her now at lagi nyang isinasama si Maxie kapag may practice sya. Shanell will surely get some bad habits with her new companions.

I knew Brent's teammates too well since dati din nila akong member at kaibigan ko din sila. They weren't that conservative. In fact they talk like a lewd man. They use vulgar words and if this keep on going then Shanell will be like them for sure.