Chapter 1 - Recap

Episode 173/174 [Recap]

John: Woah, you weren't kidding about a private conversation. Not even over a walk or drinks? It's making me kinda nervous. Haha...

Seraphina: ...Drop the act, John. This Joker thing needs to stop.

John: ...Sera, I already told you didn't I? I'm not Joker. 

Seraphina: I saw your fight against the Royals.

John: My fight? That guy had a mask on...It could've been anyone.

Seraphina: I recognized you. Not from your face..but from your posture, your technique, everything else. We've known each other for so long...It was obvious-

John: How many times do I have to say it? I'm not Joker!

Seraphina: ....?

John: If we've known each other for so long, then why won't you just fucking believe me? Hello? It's me, John! I'm a cripple! I don't have an ability! I like going out for drinks, and hanging out on the roof...and exercising, and playing games! Sure, I act like a smart-ass and it gets me in trouble sometimes...!

Seraphina: ...

John: But have you seen the kinda shit Joker has done? That's not me! Would I act like that? Do you really believe I'd do stuff like that?

Seraphina: I didn't...Until I-

John: Sera...I don't care what anyone else thinks. Everyone else can think I'm shit. But you have to believe me!

Seraphina: ...

John: PLEASE! I'm not Joker. I'm not a monster, okay?

Seraphina: Listen John, you have to stop lying. If there's something wrong, you can talk to me about it! Denying won't help-

John: I'm not denying anything! I'm just telling it like it is!

Seraphina: ...John, I already know everything...New Bostin, your expulsion, how you're secretly a high-tier...

John: WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT?

Seraphina: ...?!

John: ....IT WAS ARLO, WASN'T IT? OR THAT FUCKING RAT, ISEN? I bet those two made you come talk to me too!

Seraphina: No. I asked for the info mysel-

John: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! AFTER EVERYTHING YOU STILL CHOSE THEIR SIDE OVER MINE?!

Seraphina: John, calm down! This has nothing to do with sides! I looked into this because you weren't telling me anythin-!

John: SHUT UP! SO THAT'S WHY YOU IGNORED ME FOR A WEEK?! I trusted you! And you went behind my back to dig up dirt on me!

Seraphina: .....Ignoring you was the least I could've done. Do you have any idea what I had to go through after I found out you were Joker? My whole world was shattered. Everything I believed in became a complete joke! I had to reflect on all the events that happened between us...discern whether they were truths or lies...then piece myself together again! So don't you dare talk about trust in front of me...When you've been lying to my face this whole time!

John: .....

Seraphina: And don't you DARE accuse me for doing stuff behind your back...when you've been going around school with a whole separate identit---!

John: SHUT THE FUCK UP, SERA! I DON'T CARE WHAT I DID! WHAT HAPPENED IN MY PAST IS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!

Seraphina: Don't interrupt me, John. I'll say it again. I was worried for you, so I made it my business. Can't you see what you've done? You've thrown the school into panic! You've hurt so many students! You're repeating everything you did at New Bostin! WAKE UP, JOHN! IT'S TIME TO STOP!

John: You don't know anything! I AM AWAKE! I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE AWAKE! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES! The Royals and every single person who has been attacked...They abused the absolute shit out of their power! THEY'RE ALL GARBAGE! THIS WHOLE SYSTEM IS GARBAGE! THEY ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME FOR THIS! EVERYONE GOT EXACTLY WHAT THEY DESERVED!

Seraphina: So that's what this is about? Getting back at the Royals? Revenge on the system? If you wanted the high-tiers to exercise their power correctly...then at least make their job easier! With the current state of the school, nobody knows what to do!

John: Psh! Just goes to prove how useless they all are. 

Seraphina: Great, you've proven your point! Now what? You're just gonna leave things the way they are and let Wellston collapse? 

John: Not my fucking problem.

Seraphina: Really, John? Do you know who has been suffering the most from this whole Joker fiasco? US! Low-tiers and Mid-tiers! The very people you wanted to help! We're at war with each other! Please, we're tired of fighting all the time! Just give us a break, okay?

John: ........Sera! Don't try to flip the blame onto me! You've been a low-tier for how long? Quit feeling sorry for yourself. 

Seraphina: .....Oh, and what about you? Been a low-tier for most of your life....Get your hands on a bit of power and you lose your damn mind! John, do you remember Unordinary? Remember all the times you said everyone had something to offer? 

John: Oh? Don't tell me you actually believe that shit. 

Seraphina: This isn't you, John. Something happened at New Bostin that you haven't opened up about. Just tell me what's wrong! I want to help you-

John (grabbing Seraphina's arm): Except, I don't need any help! Sera, you're just a cripple. What could you possibly help me with anyway? You can't even defend yourself! So why don't you focus on helping yourself...instead of acting like a fucking know-it-all?

Seraphina : John. Let go of my arm.

John: No, you're not going anywhere till I'm done talking!

Seraphina (smacking John): I SAID LET GO!

John (grabbing Seraphina's arm): ...Did you just hit me? 

Seraphina (attempting to exit the classroom in tears): ...

John (grabbing Seraphina's arm again): HEY! Where the hell do you think you're going!? 

Seraphina (pushing John): .....Don't touch me!

John: CLAIRE! DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM ME! I'VE KICKED YOUR ASS ONCE! AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO DO IT AGAIN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This is verbatim what happened in Uru-Chan's Unordinary Episode 173 and the beginning of Episode 174. Please, remember to check her out on the Webtoon app! This chapter was just included to remind you all the context of Episode 173/174 in case you don't remember. Things will be changing VERY soon.