"Now that we have all our Tributes,"

Alex POV:

"Mallory Keen," He called out. Dammit. "Can I volunteer?" I asked, "I volunteer as a Tribute!"

"Uh... Okay, sure why not." Odin said. Mallory didn't seem too sad that she wouldn't be going to the Valhalla Games. She sighed and when HalfBorn sighed too, she elbowed him in the ribs saying she would have been fine there anyway. I rolled my eyes. That's normal for Mallory and Halfborn.

Next, he walked over to the bowl with all the boys' names in it. He picked up a piece of paper and read it out loud. "Magnus Chase," He said. I burst out laughing. Like Magnus, of all people, could survive the Hunger Games. Please. Even a pink fluffy poodle would do better at this! (A/N anyone remember Gladiola?) He didn't stand a chance. I noticed that everyone was looking at me. Oops. "S-sorry" I managed. To be honest, I was half surprised that Halfborn didn't volunteer in Magnus' place.

We climbed up the stairs and joined Odin on the stage. "These are the people from Floor 19, an-" He started.

"Yeah, yeah, we've all read the books, we all know what you're going to say, can we skip the speech?" I said.

Odin looked flustered. He blinked. "Umm ok. So. now that we have all our, umm people?"

"Tributes" I supplied.

"Now that we have all our Tributes" Odin continued. "We will be moving on to the interviews, skipping the costume thing. After that, you go to the Arena. You have three days in there, and on the last afternoon, you will be showing the judges your skills. Happy Hunger Games!" Odin snapped his fingers and disappeared in a flash of light.

--------------------------

A/N

To anyone who may still be reading this:

Sorry it's so short, and that its been so long, but.... you know what? For the benefit of my health, I'm not going to finish that sentence.