07

first person

park lina

walking into school after the whole snapchat fiasco was suffocating. instead of sitting in the gym before waiting for classes to start i decided i would feel more comfortable walking around in order to avoid the beady eyes of my classmates. of course it was a big deal to them. it was jungkook for crying out loud. most girls would feel some sort of power, having jungkook on their social media. i mean if i saw it on someone else's story i would feel some sort of jealousy,  like damn! they bagged jungkook.

but being on the receiving end of all of it almost felt embarrassing to me. it was uncomfortable suddenly being known at school. of course people knew me, i have been in this district for years, but the sudden amount of attention felt weird. all of it just felt weird. what was jungkook's sudden interest in me? was he bored? did i fulfill a thrill that the popular pretty girls couldn't? 

must be nice

it was drilled into my brain. must be nice. must be nice.

 it didn't feel so nice. jungkook's attention felt nice, sure. i mean duh, any attention would feel nice.

i dropped my bag on the ground in the bathroom, trying to collect my thoughts while staring at myself in the mirror. my body started to look like there was tv static on it the more i looked, i was tripping myself out over everything. 

this is just high school, i will forget about this. just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

i felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket as i was gathering my stuff, ready for the ding of the bell for first period. i openly let out a breath i didn't know i was holding when i saw kik messages from him.

jungkookie: hey

jungkookie: ik ur here

jungkookie: can you pls sign my practice sheet for me you look like you have pretty mom handwriting

jungkookie: im begging u rn i tried to practice my mom's sig like 1984789234 times and it looks like a kid did it

lamestlina: bc u r a kid 

jungkookie: are u going to do it or not!!!!!

lamestlina: no!!!

jungkookie: ok i see how it is

while my eyes were still glued to my phone i had sudden flashbacks of that weekend night. he kissed my head bruhhhhhhhhhhh

lamestlina: okok i will do it are u here?

jungkookie: <3 <3 no hgaha im running late can you sign it at lunch for me pretty pls

lamestlina: yeesh ok then

lamestlina: ur welcome

walking out into the hallway i made my way to my first period, the hallways still semi empty from people trying to get the last moments of pure socialization in the gyms. i loved this part of the day. being able to hear my footsteps and occasionally running into a teacher walking back to their class after making copies of assignments. when i finally reach my class, i slump down into my usual chair. i scroll through my phone, hearing the bell ring. people start pooling in the room, some still wiping the sleep from their eyes.  

"hey lina. what was up with that snap on your story?" a familiar voice takes me out of my people watching trance. it was jena. i want to lie to her to make her feel better. 

"oh! it was nothing. i was just passed out at some party and jungkook happened to be there."

"there was a party this weekend? it must have been good if you were passed out like that."