έξι

*Genesia's POV*

"Looks like we've got all the players assembled!" my brother exclaims.

"Well, then. Let's get this thing started." Drole replies.

I watch as Ban, Meliodas, a bunch of humans, Elizabeth, and a giant come out of the hole in the wall of the maze.

"Elaine!" Ban yells, and I stay silent as Meliodas turns to me, lifting a slim finger to my lips, before I point a discreet finger at the Commandments.

He nods at me, before turning to face Gloxie and Drole.

"If you want to turn back; now's your chance." he announces for everyone to hear. "That's the Ten Commandments."

As expected, nobody moves an inch.

"Ladies and gentlemen, of every race and species!" Gloxie announces. "Welcome to the finest in time-wasting... I mean, the Fighting Festival!"

I stifle a giggle.

"First, we're going to-"

Someone cuts him off.

"There's something I want answered first!'

Gloxinia's face morphs into an unamused expression, my brother, strangely enough, speechless.

"I don't care who or what you guys are." some human says, wearing a strange costume. "But I want convincing proof that what you said about granting wishes is the real deal. Otherwise, I'll deem you guys liars, and make you pay up for involving us in this farce."

I raise an eyebrow. These humans think they can make two of the Ten Commandments – and the strongest of the Fairies and Giants - 'pay up'? 

My brother ignores them, continuing with his speech.

"...As I was saying. First, we're going to prepare the stage you'll be fighting on. Take it away, Drole-kun."

The two giants among us - Diane, the girl Harlequin loves, and someone named Matrona - look shocked. Oh yeah, I forgot Drole was something of a god among his race.

"You trying to swindle us?" another similarly dressed human shouts. Gods, where did the humans get all this cockiness from in the last 3,000 years?

"Hmph!" Drole snorts, using 'Gigant Gauntlet' to create 10 platforms, on top of two hand-like structures.

"Marvelous!" Gloxie announces. "This is the stage you will fight upon! I want to get the ball rolling on this, so we'll pare down the contestants to just the ones here?"

"With that said." Gloxie continues, the vines of Basquias unravelling from around him as he speaks. "I'll go ahead and eradicate the remaining pests from the maze."

I frown.

Gloxie, what's happened to you? You've changed so much in these 3,000 years.

"Uh-oh!" Meli exclaims.

"That's... that's..." King exclaims, and I sigh. He's managed to sense the magic radiating off my brother.

The magic of the Fairy Folk.

*time skip brought to you by Harlequin raging at Gloxinia*

After Harlequin exposes my brother, who promptly re-introduces himself as Gloxinia, the "Sabbath Day", also known as the Commandment of Repose, my brother continues with the Fighting Festival.

"Not so fast!" an all too familiar voice cries. "There's still one more contestant!"

I stare, perplexed, at Gowther, as he leaps down from the wall, unfortunately landing on Escanor.

"Gowther... has arrived!" he exclaims.

"G...Gowther...?" I whisper shakily, Harlequin and Elaine turning to look at me, confused.

I shake it off, watching incredulously as Gowther leaps off Escanor, apologising.

He seems different. Wait, where have his memories gone? And what on earth happened to his emotions?

I simply stare as Escanor begins to wail about his broken glasses, Gloxie getting annoyed rather quickly.

"Pipe down." he says testily, rapidly swiping an arm back and forth, Basquias writhing and twisting at his command. "I'd rather not have anyone getting in the way of the festival."

I watch, mouth agape, as Basquias stabs Escanor in the chest, leaving a gaping hole.

There's no way he'll survive that, unless...

"Escanooooor!" Meliodas cries, sprinting towards the frail man.

"And after I went through all that trouble to hold this festival so that I could grant your wishes." my brother says amusedly. "For example..."

Spirit Spear Basquias, 7th form, Moon Rose.

Basquias morphs into a giant flower, a droplet escaping its petals and falling, landing on Escanor's chest.

Droplet of Life.

Escanor blinks, incredibly confused, as he looks down at his fully healed body.

I smile, although my face is completely covered by the shadow of my hood.

I knew you had some good left in you, brother.

"Now that everyone's got their head in the game, let's start divvying the teams up." my brother continues cheerfully, as if nothing happened. "And with that, Drole-kun, I'm handing it over to you!"