Chapter 1 - Immortality

"Here we are, born to be kings, we are the princes of the universe...."

Dean Ambrose looked over at his brother-in arms, Roman Reigns, wondering what he was thinking. Roman didn't say much as they drove through the countryside in upstate New York. Roman was determined to find him, Duncan Macleod. He was the Highlander, and he would have all the answers. Seth knew what was on Roman's mind. After seeing Dean nearly die, it shook him to his core. Dean almost lost his head, but they got away. Seth knew wherever Roman was heading, it was vital to their survival.

Duncan pulled out three katana swords that he had specially made for this moment. The prophecy he spoke of is now coming true. Three new immortals who would not only win the battle but would become one. Even though he retired after the events of finding "The Source", he settled down, adopted a daughter named Veronica and bought a house in upstate New York. Life was simple for him, but he came across a prophecy, and he knew it would change everything.

Veronica sat in her father's study reading all she could on her father's life before he adopted her. She wasn't an immortal like him, but his life was facinating and intriguing. Duncan broke the rules by telling his daughter, but Veronica would need to know. Because one day, Duncan would not be there. He could easily lose his head, and Veronica was not prepared for that.

Roman pulled up to the stately manor that was before them. Roman, Dean, and Seth felt a sensation they had felt only twice before: when Dean almost died and when they met each other. They looked at each other wondering what was about to happen.

"Roman, where are we?" Seth asked.

"We are here to meet the man who knows everything about who we are." Roman said.

"Dude, we know who we are. We're freaks of nature. The three of us died, and somehow we're alive, working for the WWE, and major celebrities. We don't need any explanation about that." Dean said.

"That's the thing, Dean. We do. Because whoever that guy was, he wanted your head more than anything, and if we didn't get away, you would have been dead. This man we're about to see, will explain it all." Roman said.

"Who is he, Roman?" Seth asked.

"Duncan Macleod. He is called the Highlander, and he's immortal." Roman said.

"Wait, are you saying that he actually exists?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, he does. He lives in this house, and I believe he is expecting us." Roman said looking at the man standing near the door.

"Dad, who are these guys?" Veronica asked.

"Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins. In the WWE, they are collectively known as "The Shield". To me, they are the Princes of the Universe. They are gonna ensure the future of all immortals, Ronni." Duncan said.

"Wait, are you saying..." Veronica started to say.

"Yes, Ronni. The prophecy is real, and they are part of it." Duncan said.

Dean couldn't help but look at the young woman standing next to Duncan. She was beautiful. Her milk chocolate skin was highlighted by her reddish-brown hair pulled back in a ponytail. Roman looked at Dean as his eyes fixated on her.

"Dean, what are you thinking, man?" Roman asked.

"I'm thinking Duncan's got great taste in women." Dean said.

"I have to agree, Rome. She's beautiful." Seth said.

They made their way towards Duncan and Veronica. Veronica laid eyes on Dean. He reminded her of her father. Cool and calm, but on the brink. She walked towards the visitors and knew almost immediately what to say.

"Welcome to your new lives, gentlemen. Duncan's been expecting you. I'm Veronica Macleod, Duncan's daughter."

Roman, Dean, and Seth sat in Duncan's study ready for whatever may happen. Duncan walked in knowing that their lives were about to change.

"Gentlemen, before you ask the first question, let me tell you that the answers you seek, you've known them all along. You are Immortals. The day you died was the day of your rebirth. So far, you have survived, except you, Dean. You almost lost your head. Your survival is vitally important to the future of all immortals. Those who live for good." Duncan said.

"Wait, you're telling us that we can't die?" Seth said.

"Yes, Seth. I'm saying you can't can die by a mortal's hands, but if an Immortal takes your head, then you will die. I will not let that happen. You three are part of a prophecy. Three become one. Immortal 3 will fight together. Defying all the laws. United and strong. At the time of "The Gathering", they will fight side-by-side. When the last of the evil is gone, three will become one. Forever united. Forever strong. Those three are you." Duncan said.

"What must we do in order to survive?" Roman asked.

"Let's start with learning where you come from, Leati Anoa'i, Jonathan Good, and Colby Lopez." Duncan said.