Chapter 3

Alex's POV

I knocked on the door to Rain's room.

"Enter," he called and I walked inside.

"Hey, um, hello, this is awkward, but I want to say something." I said.

"Alright," he said and just waited.

Why is he waiting? I wondered, until I realized he was waiting for me to talk.

"Have I done something to offend you?" I asked. "Because you seem to ignore me most of the time and I have the distinct feeling that you hate me, so I just want to say that I'm sorry if I offended you in some way that I have no idea about."

Rain sighed and shook his head. Then in barely a whisper he said. "It's not you."

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"It's not you," Rain told me. "I'm sorry for making you feel that way, but my girlfriend Stella, she ran off, and I'm worried about her. I want to go after her, but the others had made it very clear that the answer is no. I mean, I guess I can understand, since I did that with my former love, and it didn't turn out so well."

"Why did she leave?" I asked. "Oh, sorry, maybe I shouldn't ask that."

"It's not my place to tell you," he replied. "Somebody else has to tell you."

"Wonderful, and will this person ever tell me?" I asked.

"Probably not."

"Hey, guys?" Razer called. "Ember's done it again!"

"Oh no, what did he do this time?" Rain asked.

"Come see for yourself," he said.

We ran over to see a girl in a guard's armor, basically tied up and looking very fierce and angry.

"EMBER! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Rain yelled. "WE DO NOT ABDUCT RANDOM PEOPLE!"

"Well, great," I said. "What are we supposed to do with her now?"

There was a moment of silence when Ember spoke up.

"I got it!" He said. "We kill her!"

"Are you suggesting we—" Moon started to say.

"No, we are not killing anybody," Razer said, firmly.

I wasn't sure why, but I had the distinct feeling that she was glaring at me.

"You," she said. "I'm surprised I found you this way, but it's still a victory nonetheless. You have a nice sized bounty on your head and if I bring you home, father will be very pleased with me."

"Excuse me?" I said. "Why do I have a bounty on my head?"

"Don't play dumb with me!" She yelled. "Don't you remember that gang you hung out until we caught you? You were the only one to escape, so that's why you're wanted in my kingdom!"

Okay, now I was really confused. "What gang?" I asked.

A moment of silence passed between us.

"Alright then, Li—" She began, before I interrupted her.

"It's Alex," I told her.

"Okay," she said, sending me a strange look. "What role does my father have?"

I thought hard for a few minutes before guessing "um, prisoner guard?"

"Wow, you really don't remember," she said. "Alright, how about this, I won't report you, if you let me stay here.Oh, and Ember, if you knock me out ever again, I will kill you, alright?"

"Alright, sounds fair," I said. "Who are you, anyways?"

"I'm Sheila," the girl said. "Nice to meet you, Alex. Maybe, you'll remember what you did."

"Alex?" Moon asked. "What did she mean by you have a bounty on your head?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea," I said. "I have absolutely no idea what she means."

Who am I? And what in the Hellspire did I do?