08: Lost in a Dream (3)

A/N: HEY GUYS!! I guess I'm posting sooner then I was expecting, which is honestly a good thing!

These past two weeks have been, well, hell. Seriously. I've been covering at work and the work was just so difficult. Plus, my coworkers weren't being very helpful at all, so I just wanted to scream. But, I remained calm. I'm fucking calm, damn it.

But, now that the stress is over and I can FINALLY sleep for longer then three damn hours, I figured I'd start my three days off with reviewing another chapter. I'm not quite done with what I was writing before, but, meh. I wanted to. So here we are.

Honestly, I wasn't sure about keeping this chapter in the first place. I don't really need it, but I wanted to write about Vaggie in some sort of way, and also show that Isabella is more of a 'badass' then she's claiming to be. That there's a backstory there that I hope to get into further down the line. Yeah... I didn't want to have a beat down on Vaggie, but I figured that's kind of the only way to get it through her head that Isabella isn't going to harm her girlfriend, probably. Plus, this can turn into a bonding experience down the line. 'Tough love' was the idea I was going for, here.

And I wanted to write a chapter with my gals being badasses after listening to the particular song, 'tomboy'. I've been constantly listening to it lately, so this chapter was centered around the amv. I wanted to wrap up the two chapters prior to this, so there you go! I'm not the best at action scenes though... I am trying, but I've realized over the years that I tend to go for the 'talking it out' route instead of a more 'action packed' type of story. Sadly... even when I want to write a story with more action then drama and dialogue in it. Oh well~~

Anyways... I think I'll stop ranting now. I'm still suffering from a bit of a headache so I'm hoping to nurse that a bit. And... okay! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!! I'm certainly going to try to, this time.

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

"This is so good, auntie!!"

"Thank you Charlie," you spoke with a slight bow, causing a few curious and confused looks to turn your way, but you didn't care. You calmly lifted yourself and glanced around before calmly sitting at a seat at the long dining table. Honestly, you weren't hungry anymore, but maybe you should eat something. You took another couple of slices of your cornbread, eating it and thinking to yourself if you should have added more shrimps or laid off of the spice a bit.

"I haven't tasted cornbread with such a... interesting flavor~" you heard Alastor respond, while you noticed Angel was stuffing his face and Vaggie was looking annoyed, as usual, while you meekly nodded your head. "What sort of recipe~ is this?!"

"Ah... if you want the truth, I have no idea," you stated, noticing Charlie giving you a nervous, but sad look while Alastor, Vaggie, and even Angel and Husk stared at you a tad concerned and confused while you huffed. "There are things I just know how to do, okay? Don't read too much into this.

"They call it Cajun style food, I believe. Or, it's French food? I don't know," you sighed, noticing the cautious, narrow eyed look Husk was giving you as he turned his suspicious gaze to Alastor, but that Radio Demon seemed to be grinning happily, even proudly, as if he was realizing something or coming to some conclusion.

Not like you cared, though.

"It's still very tasty, Ravyn! You know, maybe you should stick around and cook for us. I know you like to do that," Charlie chuckled excitedly, but Vaggie scoffed and grabbed her arm.

"Charlie, no. She could –"

"Thank you for the offer, princess, but you should know by now that tying me down will do you no good. But," you continued, turning your gaze to Vaggie, "there is something I need to do. A few things, in fact. Vaggie, may I talk to you for a moment?"