Mission

1:07 AM

"Don't just Walk away! Tony!" Steve shouted and slammed the door behind him. Tony marched to his dresser and pulled a sweatshirt over his head, ignoring him. Steve stomped around the bed and grabbed tonys shoulder "tony! Look at me!"

He turned around and grabbed two full handfuls of steves shirt "what the hell else do you want me to say!? Huh?" He threw his arms out. "Do you want me to get on my knees and beg for you not to go? Because you and I both know that that's not my style." He rolled his eyes and pulled the blankets down.

Steve stepped away and sighed, "I'm going to be gone for three months, maybe more. I just thought you'd care..." he turned around and grabbed an empty duffel bag off of the floor. "Guess that's not your style either", he looked at tony who sat on the edge of the bed.

"Steve..." tony started.

"I love you." Steve said after throwing some clothes into the bag. He stood at the end of the bed and stared and tony with a pitiful look in his eyes, "do you love me?" He asked.

Tony didn't know what to say, he wanted to say something but when he opened his mouth all that came out was a quiet squeal.

Steve sniffled and held back tears, he threw in a few more clothes and zipped up the bag. "Forget it." He shook his head and threw the bag over his shoulder and turned for the door.

"Steve wait," tony tried but steve raised his hand for him to stop as he stood in the doorway.

"Don't worry about it... I don't know what I expected, this isn't your style." At that he shut the door behind him and was gone.

•••

5:01 AM

"You okay?" Clint asked. Sitting directly across steve in the quinjet.

Steve looked up to him and took a deep breath, "I'm fine." He grumbled.

"Someone who says they're 'fine' is never fine." Clint scoffed and leaned forward, "I heard you two yelling, I think everyone did-"

"Clint." Steve said sternly and sat up straight. "Thank you for your concern, but I'm okay. When we get close we need to make sure we aren't seen."

"Got it. We're half an hour out of Sumatra" Natasha responded from the cockpit of the jet as she started scanning the area for a safe place to land.

"Land near the edge of Benkulu in the trees, make sure we aren't spotted." Steve ordered.

"Aye aye captain." Natasha said with a grin across her face. She knows he hates that.

•••

4 days later; 12:37 PM

"You wanna talk about what happened back at the tower?" Natasha questioned over the comm as she scanned her surroundings.

"No. Stay focused. Eyes peeled for the target." Steve responded sternly.

"You know we're all doing that already. What happened?" She fixed her sunglasses and stopped at a fruit stand for an apple.

"Don't wanna talk about it." He answered quietly and took a sip of his burnt coffee, cringing against the harsh taste.

"Fine. Better to talk about how ridiculous Natasha looks in her tourist clothes." Clint chuckled and zeroed in on her down the street from his spot on top of the apartment building.

She grunted and tugged at her colourful top, "shut up Barton. You know I already hate this."

He laughed, "you look like a flamingo. It's cute."

"I'm gonna beat your ass when we're done—"

"I have eyes on the target." Clint interrupted her through the comms. He shuffled over to get a better angle and closely followed every move of their criminal. "Headed west on Belato."

Steve sat alone on the patio of a small coffee shop and scanned the area around him, "I don't see him. Barton, what's he wearing?"

"Blue baseball cap, bright red shirt. He's blending in with the tourists. He walking past the shop now."

"I've got eyes on him." Natasha reported and started following the man from a distance.

"Got him." Steve threw some cash on the table and sprinted down and around the block. "Clint you're our eyes in the sky. Is there anyone else?"

"I cant tell yet. I'll keep you guys updated." He grabbed his bow and arrow and kept scanning the street.

The man turned around suspiciously and Natasha immediately turned away to draw attention away from her, but when he turned back around he picked up his pace. "I think I've been made." Natasha reported and tried catching up. The man took a sharp left turn and started running, "headed your way cap!"

"Got it." At this point the man turned into the alley steve was cutting through in. The man spotted him and started turning away but stopped when he saw Natasha.

"tidak ada tempat untuk pergi" she said with a grin.

The man growled and pulled out a gun, he shot towards steve who jumped out of the way. Natasha slipped the gun out from her belt "we need him alive Romanoff!" Steve shouted and winced when he felt for the wound the bullet left after it tore through his shoulder. He got back up and sprinted to the man. She growled and directed her aim to his leg.

He fell to the ground with a scream and his gun slid across the pavement. He desperately tried to crawl to it but steves firm grip on his collar kept him back.

"Two men headed your way." Clint shot an arrow it one of their legs as Natasha charged at the other. She took him down easily, but she caught the sharp end of his knife on her side.

Steve dragged the unconscious man against the wall and walked up to her, "you alright?" He asked as he examined her side.

She laughed, "please Rogers, paper cut. How's your shoulder." One of the men started moving and she knocked him out with her taser.

"I'll be fine." He shook it off.

"You've said that already." She turned to him. "You and tony are going to be okay, steve."

He shook his head, "I don't think so." She looked at him with a pitiful look and was about to say something when screams erupted from the street.

"Barton what's going on?!" Natasha shouted as they both rushed to restrain the criminals.

"I don't know..." he scanned the area and then turned his attention to the ocean. "I don't see— oh fuck" he shot up to his feet and started sprinted to the steps.

"What!?" They shouted basically in sync and ran down the street in the opposite direction as the civilians. They stopped when the crowd cleared and panic boiled when they saw what was coming.

"Tsunami!" Clint shouted over the comms and they both started running.