Family

They arrived to the carrier pretty quickly and upon landing there were huge teams of doctors waiting for them. Steve was unconscious again and tony was stuck by his side.

"Unconscious but stabilizing, he was down for at least a half an hour, 3 rounds of epi given in the field, responsive after 7 rounds of CPR, GSW to the shoulder, hypothermic, his O2 is low but improving, and definite broken ribs." Bruce told the team as steve was pushed out. He took a deep breath as he watched them hurry them into the building and nodded at tony who turned around for a second.

"Romanoff, also hypothermic. A rib is puncturing her lung and suffered a pneumothorax. Chest tube was placed in the field and vitals have been improving since."

She grabbed his arm as medics rolled her out of the jet and smiled, "thank you Bruce" she said groggily.

He smiled back and pushed back some damp hair off her forehead, "you're gonna be okay." She smiled again and she was rolled away behind steve.

"Clint Barton, broken femur and mildly hypothermic in the field. Multiple contusions and stable." He took a deep breath and patted his friends shoulder.

As they rolled him away Bruce collapsed on the floor with his back to the wall. "Everything okay?" The God asked from across the jet.

Bruce rubbed his forehead with his hand and leaned his head back against the wall, "I still can't wrap my head around what just happened."

Thor looked down at his feet and walked up to him, "they're all okay Bruce" he said sympathetically and sat down next to him.

"Yeah but they almost weren't." He looked at Thor, "I had to put a chest tube and Nat, steve was dead." He emphasized that last word and threw his hand down onto his leg. "I gave up on him..." tears formed in his eyes.

"Bruce that not your fault..." Thor started.

"But it could've been if it weren't for tony." He was angry, "we'd be rolling him out in a body bag and going to a funeral" he spat and repositioned himself.

"But we aren't." Thor nudged Bruce's shoulder, "they're all okay." He said quietly. "You did good Bruce." He turned to Thor, his eyes red with tears and his eyebrows furrowed with pain, "they're all safe because of you." He put a hand on his shoulder. Bruce nodded slightly in return and Thor pulled him into a hug. Bruce sobbed on his shoulder and Thor squeezed him tightly.

•••

She was groggy as she woke and she squirted against the harsh light beaming over her. The first thing she noticed was that she was warm. The second, was the ache in her side and shoulder. She grunted when she tried to reposition herself, "hey, hey, don't move too much." She looked to her side and saw Clint in a wheelchair holding her hand.

"Hey," she whispered and smiled.

"How're you feeling?" He asked and pulled his blanket back over his shoulders.

She groaned and tried to sit up, "like shit." She scooted back and sat up, "how's the leg?"

"It hurts like a bitch—" he started but was cut off by a nurse walking in.

"I told you you're supposed to be in your room. You're not supposed-"

"To be out of bed. Yeah you told me already and I told you that it's not happening." He told the nurse who gave him a dirty look as she checked natashas incision and vitals.

"How's steve?" Natasha asked as the nurse redressed her wound.

Clint took a deep breath, "I haven't seen him yet, but Thor's been back and forth and he told me he's doing okay."