Chapter 3 : letting go of hatred

Gradually overtime , as Y/N begin to fall romantically for Demona, she had been no so subtly falling for him, but it was much more hard for her, especially with all she's been through, all the choking and horrifying stories she had not yet told him yet.
One night though, Demona was out by the riverbank just by his farm, as she looked at her reflection in the calm water, she stared tensely at it, as if she was ashamed.
She closed her eyes tightly almost tearing up, gritting her teeth and clenching her fists, she then yelled out.
"Stop it, stop it, STOP IT !"
Demona shouted slamming her hands on both sides of her head, and gripping hand fulls of her red hair in her fists, as she growled angrily
"What are you THINKING Demona !? YOU!? in LOVE !? With a HUMAN!? Of ALL things in this wretched world!? HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!"
Demona then started to tear up, all her emotions building up like a sea current in her, a giant wave that collapsed over her and drowned her.
"Why...why do I..why do I feel this way!?...I...I HATE HUMANS ! I DON'T LOVE THEM ! but...yet...I want...to love them..."
Demona then fell to her knees covering her face sobbing. She remembered her former mate the day before his demise, Goliath. She had almost forgotten how to love since that day.
"I...want to love him.."
"Demona? Are you alright? I heard you screaming!"
Said Y/N walking to her from behind
"You sounded in pain, has your arrow wound still healed yet?-"
Demona interrupted him and turned to him, with glaring red eyes and growled like a angry tigress.
"SHUT UP!"
Demona screamed standing up and turning around fiercely, her eyes glowing red and tears swelling up, as she gritted her teeth, she then spoke her mind.
"You...YOU MISERABLE HUMAN ! WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR FOOLING !? YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN MY HEART WITH YOUR PEACEFUL LIFE HERE WITH ALL YOUR ANIMALS, and...AND ALL YOUR CROPS AND  KIND SPIRIT !? DONT THINK FOR ONE SECOND IVE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN WHAT YOU'VE DONE ! YOU ARE WHO TO BLAME FOR THE FALL OF MY CLAN!!"
Demona breathes heavy getting all of it out.
"Demona.."
Y/N sighed, they had recently had a conversation like this the night before, and Demona still refused to admit her wrong doings.
"You...YOU CA-"
"How can you blame every man, woman, child, and baby on earth for what a couple of crazy men did to your clan and home, even people who absolutely nothing to do with the massacre, some who didn't deserve the same gruesome fate they suffered much worse than you could've imagined. If the rolls were reversed, would you think it's fair for you and every other gargoyle on earth to be blamed and harshly punished for what a specific group of gargoyles had done?"
Demona was silent. She didn't know what to say.
"Demona...I know your scared and hurt. you don't have to be angry. you don't have to be alone."
Said Y/N walking closer
"...."
"Your not a monster."
"...no.."
"Far from it, You are the most beautiful gargoyle in the world."
"No.."
Demona clenched her fists
"All you need is for someone to lean on."
Said Y/N
"STOP !"
Demona roared, her wingspan stretched outwards as she growled more, her eyes still glowing a bright crimson red, and tears still flowing from her sockets, and staring tensely back at Y/N who was almost scared by her outburst.
"You don't...I know you don't mean any of it, your just trying  to get under my skin, Y-you are all the same!!.."
Demona whimpered as Y/N then walked closer to her
"Demona, I love you. I Really do."
Demona's eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat.
"You...how dare you...how dare you...!"
Y/N then placed his hands on Demona's shoulders, as she then gasped.
"Demona..."
Demona's lips then trembled, as she then dropped the tough act completely, her eyes turned normal, and tears continued to swell up in her eyes.
Y/N then hugged her, and her legs felt weak, all she wanted to do was cry, as she and Y/N dropped to the floor, Demona curler up against his chest, and cried as Y/N held her close in a comforting manner.
Demona's wings cooked around him as she held him tightly, and cried into his chest for almost an hour.

After an hour, Demona has calmed down, she had stopped crying, and had spoke again.
"Thank you...human."
"It's the least I can do."
Y/N then slid his finger over her eyes, wiping away her tears, making her blush again.
"Human....I..."
"It's okay."
"I...love you too."
Demona looked up at him and she looked into his eyes, and he did the same.
Y/N and Demona then embraced, Demona wrapped her arms around his neck, and Y/N laid his hands around her back, as they began kissing passionately under the beautiful night sky.

After 5 minutes, Demona and Y/N re-entered his house, Y/N took Demona's hand as he then yawned
"Well Demona, it seems I'll have to call it a night, I worked all day, goodnight my love."
Demona then smiled as she then placed her hand under his chin and brought him closer so she could give him another kiss.
"You must be parched, rest easy my love."
Said Demona as Y/N made his his way to him
"Goodnight, huma-Oh ! I mean..Y/N. Goodnight, Y/N. My love."
As Demona's lip then coiled into a genuine smile at the human she found rather handsome and charming. She had found a new mate.

Demona had walked to her spare bedroom and looked out the window and peered up into the sky, watching the sunrise as she would be sentenced to her temporary stoned slumber

Demona had walked to her spare bedroom and looked out the window and peered up into the sky, watching the sunrise as she would be sentenced to her temporary stoned slumber. Demona decided to fall asleep inside of his house after Y/N had insisted that Demona stay somewhere out of sight from hunters or the people who were searching for her. As the stone reached her neck, Demona stared at the moon one last time, swearing she saw her former mate, Goliath, and her former clan, all there looking on her.
Y/N had woken up the next morning, to find as he exited his house, he saw Demona standing in a pose on top his roof. He smiled. It was as if he now had an angel watching over him every night. In fact, she watched over him day and night like a guard dog, ready and willing to arm herself to the teeth and defend him as well as her new found home and peace from anything that threatened it.
"Do not threat my love, for I will watch over you like a hawk in the sky, scouting the land from predators."