ii. the leaky couldren

HARRY AND EVELYN exited the knight bus and entered the leaky couldren

HARRY AND EVELYN exited the knight bus and entered the leaky couldren. Evelyn payed for a room whilst Harry spoke with Fudge.

The next few weeks were spent with the two: shopping for school supplies, eating icecream, Harry staring at the new firebolt broom, Evelyn buying the new firebolt (just to make Harry jealous) and them hanging out like they'd been friends for years.

Harry has seen Evelyn in a new light over the short time the two spent together. She wasn't just the Dark Lords daughter or the Slytherin Princess, she was Evelyn Riddle.

He found himself not caring about her father of what his friends would think if they saw him willingly handing out with their mortal enemy.

The day before September 1st Evelyn and Harry walked down the stairs of the Leaky Couldren and were greeted by the sounds of Weasley and Granger bickering.

Harry grinned and hugged the other two members of the golden trio. Ron spotted Evelyn and scowled, which she returned.

"Let's go mate, don't wanna be near filthy death eaters," Ron said to Harry and Hermione nodded glaring at me.

"Guys—" Harry started but Evelyn cut him off, whispering in his ear.

"Go with the mudblood and blood-traitor, i'll see you on the train," she murmured, before walking away.

Evelyn watched as Harry, Hermione and the Weasleys all laughed and had a good time together. She missed her father, more than anything and wanted nothing more than to be out of the orphange.

Harry stole glances at Evelyn every now and then and couldn't help but want to be with her instead of the Weasleys and Hermione.

Evelyn's owl, Aphrodite, swooped infront of her with a letter in her beak. Evelyn took the letter and fed Aphrodite some bacon from her plate. She opened the letter and read through it, it was from her father.

Dearest Evelyn,

I hope you are well and aren't being treated to horrible in that ratchet orphange. I know these arrangements aren't ideal, but until I have my body back this is our only means of contact.

If everything goes to plan, I should have my body back by the end of your fourth year. I'm very sorry it cannot be sooner.

I'm very proud of you for being in Slytherin and top of your classes. If your mother could see you know, she would be so proud. You've grown into a beautiful and smart girl and everything I ever wanted you to be.

Lots of love,
Your father, TMR

Evelyn smiles and wipes the tears from her eyes. Her father was proud of her, everything she ever wanted him to be.

She went back up to her room sharing another glance with Harry and grabbed some parchment and a quill. She dipped it in some ink and began writing back to her father.

Dear father,

I'm glad you will be getting you body back soon, I miss you a lot. The orphange isn't the best, but I'm managing. I do hope mother would be proud of me, like you said. I miss her very much and it kills me to see the man who killed her almost everyday.

I miss and love you lots, and can't wait till I can see you again.

Love,
Your daughter, EOR

She signed of the letter and handed it to Aphrodite.

"Take this to Father," she whispered and the bird flew out the window.

There was a knock on the door and she stood up and opened it. Harry stood there and she met him in.

"I'm sorry about that," he said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. Evelyn chuckled and hugged him.

"It's fine, now go back to your friends we can talk on the train, k?" She said and he nodded, leaving the room.