Chapter 3

Caroline snatched the rock from Stefan's hand and cut herself. It didn't heal.

"Oh my god! Why is this happening?" She freaked out. 

Elena for the first time waking up looked down at their clothes. She was dressed in a blue dress, Caroline in a red one similar to her, Bonnie in a green dress with a blue long sleeve under it and pouches around her waist. Stefan was in boots, a shirt with a belt, and pants. 

"Guys, What are we wearing?" The brunette questioned. 

They all looked down at their clothes. "No!" Bonnie yelled. 

"What Bonnie?" Stefan asked. 

"We're in the Medieval times." She sighed. 

"Wait does that mean...we traveled back in time?" Caroline questioned. 

"Yes, but I don't know how that is possible I wasn't even using magic." Bonnie explained. 

The wheels in Caroline's head were turning and she gasped. Her friends looking at her with concern.

"What is it Care?" Stefan asked 

"The lady she said make a wise wish I just thought she was crazy!" She exclaimed. 

"What lady Care?" Bonnie asked. 

"She said her name was Agathe, I let her stay at my house because it was late and then she gave me this necklace...and said make a wish wisely." Caroline explained as she sat on a near by rock.

They looked at each other "Does that mean we're back to when the Mikaelson's were human?" Stefan asked as he remembered her saying she wished they could travel back in time to when the originals were human. 

"Yes! Now I wasted a wish on them! Uhhhh!" Caroline groaned as she got up from the rock. 

Something clicked in Bonnie's head "Guys I know why you aren't vampires..." They looked at bonnie waiting for her to explain. 

"Think about it, if we are really back in time to when the Originals were humans than Stefan and Care would be back because vampire's don't exist yet" Bonnie explained.

It all made sense. "Bonnie isn't your ancestor in this time?" Elena asked. 

"Yeah. Why?" 

"Because we can ask her how to get back to our time." Stefan said. 

They all looked at him. "Don't you want to go march to the Mikaelson's place and kill Klaus, like, right now?" Caroline asked curious. 

"I was blind with rage and thirsty for revenge, but when I saw you three laying unconscious, and especially when I thought you were dead, I just realized the most important thing for me is you three and the other people I care for. My priority right now is take you home safely." Stefan said. 

"Awww!"The tree girls squealed, which made Stefan smile a little embarrassed. 

"Care, you're always watching that time travel show, so what do we do now?" Elena asked. 

"Well first Don't do anything that can affect the future, so we need to keep our mouths shut and blend in." 

The three looked at her in confusion. 

"We need a place to stay and we have to talk like them around here. So trade is a common thing in times like these..." Caroline said. 

"But what do we have to trade?" Stefan asked. 

Bonnie smiled and took off a gold ring she was wearing.

"What about jewelry?" 

The nodded smiling. Even thought there clothes were different they still had their jewelry. They started taking off earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings. "Just leave the day light ring Stefan and Caroline, you're gonna need them when we go back to the present. 

***

They started to walk towards the direction where the heard chattering earlier. There, they found a group of hunters, whom just gave the newcomers looks. Stefan made up some sad sob story about how they had come form a far away village and got attacked and robbed on their way there. 

Then, he asked where the could find a place to stay. The men said there was a small market a few hours from there, close to some villages. They thanked them and started walking.

After what had seemed like hours, the teenage girls complaining about their feet, they saw what seemed like a flew market. 

"I think this is the place where the Mikaelson's used to go back when they were human..." Caroline said in a playful tone. 

"To think Rebekah is now such a shopaholic...How did she survive here?" Joked Elena. 

"Come on. We're on a mission!" Bonnie said playing along. 

They laughed.  

***

They managed to trade all of their jewelry for a good amount of gold and silver coins. They man was impressed with the designs on their necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings. 

They had to buy more clothes, but that was tricky considering most people sew their own clothes during this time. 

After a lot of searching they found a woman who sold them some dresses for the girls, pants and shirts for Stefan. Their new garments needed to be washed "I can't believe women don't even were underwear in these times!" Caroline exclaimed. 

"What for Care, these dresses are so long already..." The young witch said. 

They asked around about finding a place to live, a older man told them about a family who were moving and wanted to sell their hut. They found the family and bought the hut with some gold coins. The father had brought them their and claimed that it was located in one of the largest villages around. 

When they had arrived there, they spotted Mikael, Klaus, Elijah, Finn, and Kol across from their hut. The original father was yelling at his children because their hunt didn't go as expected, but he was especially harsh to Klaus, even slapping him in the face. 

The four friends expected Klaus to lose it and pounce his father, or stepfather, but he just stood there looking down and seeming ashamed. They could swear they even saw a lonely tear roll down his cheek. 

The girls felt a sadness in their hearts, all two soft hearted for their own good.