Chapter 4

The walked into the medium sized house. Thanking the previous owners one more time, they entered and found a small open space with a wooden table and two benches on the side, what seemed to be a counter for cooking, and a back door that led to their backyard, where the food was cooked, since there was cauldron hanging over some wood. 

There were four doors that led to bedrooms. The rooms were a good size, in the middle of each room there was hay and some clothes and furs covering it and a pillow. Thats how beds were, then near the dinning area there is a living room with a couch and a chair and both sides of it than a little wooden table in between.

"Good thing this place is furnished." Bonnie walked out of one of the rooms. 

"Where are the beds?" Caroline asked. "Please don't tell me those are the beds..." She pointed at the clothes and furs over hay in the nearest bed room. 

"Sorry, Care." Stefan said in a mocking tone. 

"Great! Sleeping on the floor will do wonders for my human back..." She complained. 

"Okay, enough about the beds. We need a story to tell when people ask where we are from." Elena changed the subject. 

"She's right, we can't go around and say we're from the future." Stefan said. 

"Okay what's our story than?" Caroline asked. 

"Stefan could say he is your guys brother and that after our parents all died he started to take care of me." Bonnie suggested. 

"Yeah that's sounds good." Elena agreed. "Okay, That means I'll have to find a job so I could provide for us." Stefan said. 

"Wait! I have to use a different last name..." Bonnie said. 

"Why?" Caroline asked. "Because her grandmother is here during this time." Elena explained. 

"Let's talk to her and maybe we can say she is a distant relative and that's why we came here so you could learn more about your family." Stefan said. 

"Yeah, we can go tomorrow. Today lets just explore and learn what to do around here." Bonnie said.

"Bonnie's right we need to fit in." Caroline said. 

"Okay you three can walk around, I'll go look for a job." Stefan said. 

"Okay bye." The three girls watched Stefan walk out of the house. 

"Lets go!" Elena said. 

The walked out and started walking around. 

***

"I still can't believe we got stuck in the past." Caroline whispered to the two girls so nobody could hear. 

"I know! It's crazy." Elena said as she looked at the girls. She wasn't even watching where she was going when she stumbled on something hard. A chest, a muscled hard chest. 

The two stopped when they didn't see Elena next to them and they backed up to where she was. 

"My apologies, miss, did I hurt you?" She looked up to see a beautiful pair of familiar brown eyes. 

"I'm fine. I'm sorry too."

"Tatia?" He frowned. 

The three friends were puzzled. Why was the Elijah Mikaelson calling her Tatia? Unless Tatia was a doppelgänger...

"Petrova?" Elena asked. 

"Yes, my love. That's your name, isn't it?" He asked playfully.

Elijah with a light sense of humor? She thought to herself. 

"Elena hurry!" Caroline walked over with Bonnie as if they didn't she the whole exchange.

"Elena?" Elijah was confused. 

"I'm new in the village, we just arrived and my sister, our friend, and I were just exploring well our brother looks for work cause we had enough to buy a place nearby." Elena explained. 

"Place?"

"I mean, hut. Things in our old village were SO different from here..." She smiled "By the way, I'm Elena Salvatore and this is my sister Caroline Salvatore, and our friend Bonnie Bennett." 

"Oh my apologies Miss Salvatore, I've mistaken you for my suitor, Tatia Petrova, I hope you didn't get offended for being called such a intimate name. And it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Salvatore and Miss Bennett." Elijah seemed embarrassed. 

"It fine." Elena said. "Nice to meet you too..." The two girls said. 

"Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson." He smiled politely 

"Since you and your siblings and friend are new here, how about you and your siblings have supper at our hut tomorrow night? I could introduce you to my parents and siblings. You would then get acquainted with some more people around here." Elijah said.

She looked at Caroline and Bonnie "Yes." They bid their goodbyes.

The three girls talked about the encounter on their way back to the hut. The walked in to see Stefan "We are going to the Mikaelson's for dinner tomorrow and we're all Salvatores now except Bonnie because Elena introduced herself as that when she met Elijah." Caroline then went into her room, leaving a stunned Stefan.