Jungkook x Jimin ||Stay||IM||

Stay

The morning's breeze is soft and pleasing, Jimin sits on a bench waiting for his special someone to arrive, so that they could celebrate their 3rd year anniversary.

Jimin closes his eyes and is immersed into the biodiverse habitat surrounded around him, a soft melodic tune slipping his lips.

A sudden pair of hands are placed on his closed eyes, alerting the young man who stops humming and holds the familiar pair of hands.

"Who is it?" Jimin asks playfully, knowing who the person was, but wanting assurance of who it was.

"Your one and only" The man above Jimin spoke, "Jeon Jungkook" he continues, his hands leaving Jimin's face and leaning in for a peck on his man's soft plum pink lips.

"You're here" Jimin smiles and stands up to hug Jungkook who refuses.

"First of all..." Jungkook poses, "I know you don't like flowers so here...chocolates"

"Oh how thoughtful of you, I love it" Jimin gasped pulling Jungkook into a hug.

"Trust me they taste as tasty as you do" Jungkook winks as he sits on the bench, followed by Jimin.

"Stop with your jokes kook we on the streets boy, have you no shame?" Jimin whispers as he saw an elderly lady walk pass and give them a judgemental look at their close proximity.

"So what baby" Jungkook rolls his eyes and cubs  Jimin's cheeks, "you should stop caring about what other people think of you, you won't get anywhere in life" Jungkook proceeds to speak a small frown emerging from the younger's face.

"I know, bad trait" Jimin agrees and shakes jungkook's hands off  to open the chocolate box.

"You know I love you right?" Jungkook spoke in a low tone and looked into the horizon.

"Of course" Jimin smiles looking at him.

"You do know sometimes, people who love each other have to leave in order to protect themselves and their partner" Jungkook continues as he looks at Jimin who mirrors his actions.

"Babe why the depressing words now?" Jimin laughs awkwardly.

"Come here" Jungkook says softly - almost a whisper as he pulls Jimin into a deep kiss, the touch of their lips connecting causing a strong- tingly feeling in their stomachs, love clearly present in the deep and passionate kiss.

Was this why they said 'love is in the air'? Moments like these.

"That" Jungkook spoke once they parted away and caught their breaths, "will be our last kiss"

"W-what?" Jimin chockes on air, his heart starting to race and his body seems to stop, everything stops. And it's just Jimin's and Jungkooks deep eye contact.

"...I-I'm sorry, but it's for the best" Jungkook breaks the eye contact and avoids Jimin's eyes, smiling painfully and raising to say goodbye.

"You can't just do that" Jimin whispers, salty tears dropping from his eyes. One by one. "You can't leave me" Jimin shouts, a pile of tears falling at sync.

"Look I can't, this has to stop" Jungkook says a lump forming in his throat, he wants to shout how much he loves Jimin and how much he'd hope Jimin wouldn't break down in front of him- being the reason he's hurting.

Jungkook looks away once again and bows, "thank you for everything, Park Jimin" and turns to leave.

"No" Jimin breaks down, his voice cracking and tears accumulating, "No, please stay, please please" he sobs, standing up from the bench to try and grab Jungkook's  hand but tripping over a twig, crashing  into the ground with his knees.

"Jungkook, stay" he shouts loudly once again, the birds getting disturbed in their nests and flying out of a nearby tree. But Jungkook doesn't turn, he doesn't look back once.

"Please please please" Jimin whispers tears falling uncontrollably as he watches the love of his life, his everything  leave, he follows Jungkook's silhouette with his eyes until it disappeared amongst a crowd. He watches as his first love, disappears from his
Life...In a poof.