[chapter thirty-three] the plan

_________________________________________

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE // THE PLAN
"I'M JUST GONNA
MISS EVERYONE."

______________________________________________________________

*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙ ⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙

Not long after Bea entered the room with Carl, Rick came into the room to explain to them the plan and what they were to do. Their jobs were to keep Judith and each other safe, and keep an eye on Father Gabriel. Soon enough, the group set out towards the school, fully expecting the remaining members of Terminus to show up to the church, thinking the fighters were gone.

Father Gabriel locked the door to his office, Carl, Bea, Tyreese, Rosita, Eugene, Bob, Judith, and himself remaining inside, waiting for Gareth and his group to arrive.

Carl was rhymically tapping on his gun, standing a few feet away from Bea who was leaned against the wall, close to the door, thinking about the argument she had with her sister.

Gabriel anxiously watched as their group moved into the forest, a few moments later the remaining members of Terminus slowly stalked out of the forest, causing Father Gabriel to quickly fall to the ground, sitting with his knees close to his chest.

The front door to the church opened loudly, signalling that the group was moving into the building. Carl and Bea both pulled their guns out, pointing them towards, Gabriel pulled what looked like a rosary out of a drawer as he began to pray.

"Well, I guess you know we're here. And we know you're here." Gareth spoke, his voice muffled through the door, as he walked further into the church. "And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore. We've been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob, unless you've put him out of his misery already." He joked, inching closer to the two doors. "And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friends Tyreese and Beatrice. Carl. Judith. Rick and the rest walked out with a lot of your guns. Listen, we don't know where you all are but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be."

The doorknob to the office rattled as someone tried to get in, everyone besides Bob, Eugene, and Gabriel aimed their guns, ready to fire.

"Look, you're behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want." Gareth explained. "How about the priest? Father, you help us wrap this up, we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?"

The group moved their gaze to the cowering priest, he cried into his hands as he leaned against the wall. No noise was heard outside the door as Judith began to cry from the basket she was in.

Bea and Carl shared a look before Bea rushed over, being closer to the basket than Carl was. Picking up the baby as she holstered her gun, trying to stop her crying.

"Well, shit." Bea muttered as soft footsteps was heard from outside the office.

"It's your last chance right now to tell us you're coming out." Gareth called out before someone said something that was incoherent to those inside the office.

Judith continued crying as the sound of two silenced gunshots fired, telling the group that they're plan worked, that Rick and everyone else was back.

Grunts and thuds were heard as people screamed, Tyreese opened the door slightly, peeking out to where they were killing the members of Terminus. Bea looked past him, watching as her sister looked at the scene in disgust as she stood beside Tara whose expression matched the blondes.

Bea held Judith as Rick came into the room, checking on his son and daughter. The sun rose soon after what had happened, Rick, Abraham, Glenn, and Tyreese moved the bodies outside before everyone gathered in the office to say their goodbyes to Bob.

As Maggie finished saying goodbye, they all left the room to give Bob a moment alone with Rick as he requested. Bea sat down on a pew, towards the back to think, joined by her older sister only moments after.

The older blonde opened her mouth to speak only to be cut off by Bea grabbing her hand. "I understand. Me understanding what you're making me do doesn't mean I'm not mad at you. I am, and I probably will be for a while. But, I understand. You want to do something bigger, and you want me to be safe. I'm just gonna miss everyone." Bea explained, her gaze not leaving the floor.

"I know, sweetie." Mona spoke quietly, using her other hand to rub her sisters shoulder. "But, this is what's best for us. And when we help Eugene fix this, we'll find them again. I promise you that."

Bea rested her head on Mona's shoulder, looking across the room to Carl with a sad expression, the younger blonde slowly nodded, signaling to the boy that she was going to have to leave.

xx
word count: 831

so this was super short, i know. but i really didn't know how to continue it so onto the next chapter

i will probably cry while writing the next chapter because i'm a big baby so i'm looking forward to that :) please vote and comment it means a lot. peace