Chapter 1 : Bus Rides

The familiar sense of un comfort erupted in my stomach. I was on the city bus, filled with people. As the bus stopped at stations, more people piled on, and I quietly hoped that no one would bother to sit by me.

In the seat across from me seated a teenager, roughtly my age. His firey red coloured hair complimented his fair skin tone. His lips were a pale pink, and his eyes a light shade of blue. His fingers silently tapped against his leg as he kept the beat to the music that played through his headphones. He dressed in black skinny jeans with a red flannel.

I was mentally preparing myself for the interaction with strangers at the grocery store; where I was headed. Being able to be comfortable in public with surrounding strangers was something I struggeled with. Along with it came the fear of being judged and evaluated by others. It was not something that you could simply be brushed off, that would be just too easy.

The bus slowed, then completely stopped. I picked myself off the seat and made my way through the isle. My eyes dropped to the floor, not making eye contact with anyone. Once I was at the stairs, I pulled my coat closer to my body in attempt to stay warm.

As soon as I was on the crowed streets, a wave of anxiety flew through me. I felt like all eyes were on me. Watching every step I took into the store.

I dreaded grocery shopping, but I couldn't avoid it because the cabinets would soon start to empty.

Quickly shuffling into the stores, making my way down each isle, searching for what I needed. It dawned on me to pull out the list I made that was inside of my purse. Then it hit me; I left my purse on the damn bus.

Instantly, I felt sweat beads forming on my forehead and my knees felt weak. My chest began to tighten and my breaths came out staggered.
What the hell was I going to do?

I ran my hand through the top of my hair in frustration as i let out a grunt.

As I was about to hyperventilate, a large hand grasped around my arm. I breathed in a sharp breath as I turned around, scared to see who was there.

The first thing that caught my eye was the fimilliar bright red hair, I let out all the air that I had, sucked between my lungs.

His voice broke the tension;

"Hey Beautiful, you forgot your bag." His other arm extended and handed me my Chanel purse, which sent instant relief through my body.

I didn't notice that the guys hand was off of my arm until he put his hand around my shoulder.

"Uh, you're shaking," he pulled me in closer to him, making me flinch.

I didn't dowel with strangers. Let alone ones who put their arm around me.

"L-leave me alone," my words flew out barely louder than a whisper. His arm let go and he took a step back and faced me.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you, or like rape you or anything, I swear!" His hands flew up above his head in surrender, showing he was true to his words.

He smiled, showing off his pearly white teeth. "I have to get going, back to.. uh, shopping, yeah?" His lips pressed against each other and gave me a slight nod before turning around to walk to other way.

I roughened through my purse in hopes everything was still there. In shock, I let out a huff of air. My wallet, makeup, cards, keys, and my grocery list maintained in the exact same spot as before.

I pulled out the list, mentally checking off what I had already had in the cart. My eyes wondered to the bottom of the list, where digits were messily written out in black pen. At the bottom it signed,

Didn't mean to be rude by going through your purse, but I wanted to leave my number, and I'm not the smoothest when it comes to girls.
Call me sometime, yeah?
-Michael x

I carried on with shopping. After I had everything I needed, I payed and walked out of the store.

--------------------------------

A/N : this story is going to include parts where the main character is struggling with anxiety and depression. These are both mental illnesses that are not easy to over come. It's a serious illness that has multiple effects.
•••••

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoy Reject :)

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS! Leave feed back if you want to tell me how you like it so far.

Xoxoxoxoxox