.sixteen.

The dough sticks to my fingers, even with the insane amount of butter on them. I set down another ball of cookie dough down onto the tray lined with parchment paper and take the moment to observe my hands. My palms glisten with the excess butter spread across my skin from the batter and I physically cringe at the sight. 

"Did you hear the rumour about butter?" I ask Seokjin who is rolling a piece of dough himself between his palms. "Well I'm going to spread it." 

I expect a good reaction and I'm not disappointed. The sound makes me smile as usual and I'm grateful for being someone to have made him laugh today. 

The timer on my phone sings and I turn it off before walking over to the oven and pulling out the three cakes done baking inside. A pan of brownies follows soon after. When I turn around, Seokjin is already prepared, two trays of cookie dough rolled into balls in his hands. I give him a grateful smile and slide them into the oven. 

"Can you pop the other stuff into the fridge so it can cool faster?" I ask him. 

He nods and adjusts his glasses once before grabbing a towel and carefully picking up the cakes and brownies. 

"And take out the rice krispies." 

Seokjin complies. 

"And can you cut them up?" 

By the time I'm finished asking the question, he's already found a knife and is lifting the cooled treat out of its pan. He flashes me a smile. "I got this. Take a break for a bit." 

I let out a breath and hop onto the countertop beside him while he starts meticulously cutting out even squares. "I mean, there's nothing left to do right now except for wait so I don't really have a choice. Don't think you're being all kind now." 

Seokjin chuckles and shakes his head. "I really can't do anything around you. You know, normally I'm not this big of a pushover." 

My legs dangling over the edge start to swing happily. "What can I say? The power of Kim Hana." Seokjin slides the knife through one final time and then extends a square treat to me. I shake my head. I had had my share of sweets for today. 

Seokjin takes his own seat next to me, his long legs a stark contrast to my shorter, rounder ones. I observe him as he bites into the marshmallow-coated crispies, chewing happily and enjoying the moment. Even in this simple moment, he looked gorgeous. How could he make something as basic as eating so attractive? 

Seokjin glances at me and smiles when we make eye contact. "What?" 

I shake my head and smile to myself. "Don't worry about it." 

"Hana." 

My eyes lift to look at him again and I just laugh. "How many girlfriends have you had?" Considering how bold, confident, and smooth he was, it was a question that had always been in the back of my mind. 

Seokjin's eyebrows raise and his ears start to redden. I grin and reach forward to pinch the tips of the blushing skin.

"I had a relationship before debuting when I was thirteen or fourteen. That didn't end up working out because she cheated on me, but it's not like it was super serious anyway. We were young." Seokjin opens his mouth to say more but hesitates. One half of his mouth lifts in a pensive half-smile. "I did end up dating after debuting as well," he finally gets out. "None of them got too serious though. Between trying to keep it secretive and being so busy all the time, nothing was bound to come out of it anyway." I nod and look to the left as I think. When my gaze returns to Seokjin, he's looking down at me with a hidden smile. "What about you?"